Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Flu Shot 2012 Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering, i am almost 6 weeks with bub no 2 and went to doc yesterday who said it was very important to get the flu vaccine. i got it yesterday and now since searching the net i am petrified. has anyone else had it?

fingers crossed
Hi Mama,

I'm surprised your doc didnt get you to wait till after first tri...??
I always get a flu shotcos mummies cant afford to be sick, but when preggies, I wait till after first 12 weeks, tend to think its safer that way....

Give your doc a call, nothing much you can do now about it...
But just double check things should be ok... Dont believe everything on the web, not all of it is true and correct.

Lottie
he stressed to me it was fine, but i have heard it is better to wait. i am praying nothing happens.
just worried about damage to the brain as it was so early to alot of people have said they were told wait till 12 weeks..feeling guilty
Sorry everyone i am a bit of a worry wort, just that i think around 5 weeks the nueral and spinal area is still open i am worried what the vaccine could do like schitophrenia later in life is this possible for bubs

Sorry everyone i am a bit of a worry wort, just that i think around 5 weeks the nueral and spinal area is still open i am worried what the vaccine could do like schitophrenia later in life is this possible for bubs

There is absolutely no link between schizophrenia and flu shots smile
and are the 2012 shots actually available?

Anyway you may find this website helpful:
http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/Publishing.nsf/content/immunise-influenza-qanda#pregnant

"Is it safe for me to get the flu shot if I am pregnant?
Yes. The flu vaccine can be safely given during any stage of pregnancy. It is recommended that pregnant women get the flu shot as they are at higher risk of severe flu or complications from flu if they get the flu virus. Vaccinating against flu during pregnancy also provides protection for the baby during their first vulnerable months of life."
thanks everyone for your help.............i'll try to stop stressing
Hi mama kj

Please try not to be terrified - the flu shot is perfectly okay to have, even in your first trimester of pregnancy. It is comprised of a dead vaccine and has been given to THOUSANDS of pregnant women for many years. The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends that pregnant women be vaccinated - remember this organisation are the world leaders in health related matters. Googling the web can be a good thing, but can also give bias and misleading information too. If you want to look at proper information then use google scholar and look up recent articles. They are based on facts and have satisfied their valididty. All the best with your pregnancy, and don't stress all will be great! x
Sign in to follow this topic