Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

What does your morning sickness feel like? Rss

Hiya!

I know that morning sickness varies for every woman and some don't even experience it at all, but for those who do experience it, what does it feel like?

I'm currently 6 weeks 2 days pregnant and I have had this feeling of extreme hunger pains for the last few weeks and it doesn't go away even after eating. I gathered that this may be my 'morning sickness' feeling but am not 100% sure.

Up until a week ago I couldn't even bare the thought of eating, I just wasn't hungry! I had to force myself to eat a piece of fruit or a yogurt. It's strange that I have this constant feeling of extreme hunger right behind my belly button but I haven't vommited yet or found any kind of smell to be off-putting or make me feel queasy.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences with morning sickness. x
Hi 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby.
Congrats on your pregnancy. I am happy for you not having morning sickness.
I hope you don't get it.
I suffer from it most mornings i wont feel like eating anything for breakfast since i am off certain foods. So i try have a small amount of fruit. But i find this makes me vomit. If i dont vomit the nauseates feeling will stick around most of the day. Even at work in the afternoon it will try bother me. If i let myself get too hungry later in the day it will return as well.
I try not eat fruit now as i think it makes it worse and i find trying not to think about it helps. If i can ignore it i just try and get on with my day but some days are horrible i must admit. Hopefully it will go away soon.
Hi,
I'm 5 weeks and 2 days and the morning sickness hit me 3 days ago. Feeling nauseated all day especially in the morning when I've woken up. I found I'm eating all day just to keep my tummy full. I do find ginger and lemon tea helps.
Not enjoying it at all....
Hi, congratulations!
I'm going for my dating scan tomorrow but im between 7-8 weeks I'm guessing.
I suffer from morning sickness throughout the whole day and have been for the last two weeks now. I wake up around 7:30-8am and am tired by 10:30am.
I am always nauseous and have vommited quite a bit. I find all types of food repulsive, so I had to get a pres. for anti nausea tablets and they having been helping a little.
For me, the first 6 weeks was like hunger pains(accompanied by sore boobs, which prompted the pregnancy test).
After the 6 week mark I was terribly sick. I couldn't keep anything down, and even the thought of food/car rides/baby in my belly would make me sick. My partner would get annoyed because on the odd occasion we did leave the house, I would be staring down garbage bins wondering if I was to start throwing up right now would people be horrified, or would they somehow understand haha my family didn't even bat an eyelid to me being sick alllll the time by the end of it... but bad news... it lasted right up until I was 18 weeks! While I thought I was doing the right thing making sure I took my Elevit with Iodine, my doctor ended up telling me to stop taking it and just try and eat SOMETHING with some fats in it, cos I was rapidly losing weight.
I've had 8 weeks with no morning sickness, and now at 26 weeks I get it a little in the morning... but I have found if I don't try to hold it in(drink a massive glass of water, then sick it all back up) I'm fine for the rest of the day smile

Oh, and if you do become violently ill... don't try to eat a Banana for brekky... they don't come up as well as they go down... and I was sure I was gonna throw bub and the rest of my internals up with the banana.

All the best! grin Remember, morning sickness is meant to be a sign of a healthy baby wink

RKSears wrote:
For me, the first 6 weeks was like hunger pains(accompanied by sore boobs, which prompted the pregnancy test).
After the 6 week mark I was terribly sick. I couldn't keep anything down, and even the thought of food/car rides/baby in my belly would make me sick. My partner would get annoyed because on the odd occasion we did leave the house, I would be staring down garbage bins wondering if I was to start throwing up right now would people be horrified, or would they somehow understand haha my family didn't even bat an eyelid to me being sick alllll the time by the end of it... but bad news... it lasted right up until I was 18 weeks! While I thought I was doing the right thing making sure I took my Elevit with Iodine, my doctor ended up telling me to stop taking it and just try and eat SOMETHING with some fats in it, cos I was rapidly losing weight.
I've had 8 weeks with no morning sickness, and now at 26 weeks I get it a little in the morning... but I have found if I don't try to hold it in(drink a massive glass of water, then sick it all back up) I'm fine for the rest of the day smile

Oh, and if you do become violently ill... don't try to eat a Banana for brekky... they don't come up as well as they go down... and I was sure I was gonna throw bub and the rest of my internals up with the banana.

All the best! grin Remember, morning sickness is meant to be a sign of a healthy baby wink

Yeah, I read somewhere that morning sickness can be a sign of a healthy pregnancy that's why I was worried that I wasn't throwing up yet. I just feel extreme hunger pains all the time with sore boobs and extreme tiredness. I've heard some women don't throw up and it really just depends on the individual. In a way I guess it's a good thing that I'm not throwing up yet, it doesn't sound fun at all!
I wouldn't worry too much smile a close friend of mine has had no morning sickness, and many of the lovely mothers in my family had none either. I think the "morning sickness is a healthy sign" stuff is just to make people who get violently ill feel a little better about it lol

Congrats on your pregnancy!
I didn't have morning sickness with DS but I did with DD. I just felt hung over and nauseated all day every day from about 6 to 13 weeks. I took elevit morning sickness tablets which helped a little bit but I also found I had to constantly eat to get rid of that nauseated feeling and it was so hard to know what I felt like eating. I was lucky that I never threw up, just dry retched a couple of times.

Hopefully you will be spared the worst smile
RKSears wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much smile a close friend of mine has had no morning sickness, and many of the lovely mothers in my family had none either. I think the "morning sickness is a healthy sign" stuff is just to make people who get violently ill feel a little better about it lol

True to that, I was constantly hungry and not sick at all and I have a healthy baby girl born in March when I was 41 smile

RKSears wrote:

I had twins and I didnt have any morning sickness at all, for me it was just all about wanting to eat heaps in the first trimester and I didnt have any aversions to any food either.
Hiya. Congratulations first off. I had what you are talking about at 4 to mid 5 weeks then it all changed for me. I am suffering from morning sickness so badly that I cannot stand for long periods of time. Hopefully you don't get the same as me because it really sucks. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy and I prey you are one of the 20% lucky ladies that don't get morning sickness smile I wouldn't wish it on anyone and any expecting mums here that are going through it will agree smile
Congratulations! You'll know when you have morning sickness! I had it for 39 weeks!! It was horrible for the first 7-10 weeks but after that I'd still be sick at least twice a day.
I just felt yucky in my belly all the time or certain foods or even smells would make me chunder haha I remember walking into my mums house and smelling her cooking sausages and me running to the bathroom to throw up it was so terrible! And after I threw up I'd be hungry again.
Sign in to follow this topic