Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

bananas and chai seeds? Rss

Hi, I am having a little problem going to the toilet regularly ie daily (yes #2's). I eat plenty of fruit & veg & drink at least a litre of water a day. Anyway saw the chemist, they suggested prune juice, which I'm drinking, even though tastes horrible. They said try to avoid banana's and chair seeds which I put on my cereal. Anyway have any opinions on this till I can ask the doctor? O, am 21 weeks pregnant. Thanx
Hi,

I had this as well during my pregnancy. In the end the magical cure was seeds, I would have a handful on my cereal every morning. Pumpkin, sunflower & sesame seeds. I don't know if there is any evidence this helps the bowels, but it certainly helped me.

Not sure about bananas & chai seeds to be avoided. Maybe ring another chemist & see if they give the same advice.

Good luck.

Cheers, I do eat seeds as well. So hope this won't last
I assume you're talking about CHIA seeds? They do need to be soaked first before you eat them otherwise they can be a bit dehydrating, hence why you're having problems. It is common to be a bit constipated during pregnancy unfortunately. If you don't like the taste of prune juice then you can also try pear juice. Otherwise you can also try blackstrap molasses as they are stool softeners, however it tastes quite vile. Keep eating your seeds though and and have lots of fruit too.
The constipated are normal for pregnant mothers, I recommend eating more vegetables, and sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are good for pregnant women, wish you healthy soon
Yum yum yum! I love chia seeds. have you ever made some chia puddings? Easy to do and just google it for recipes.Great for a snack or anytime
1 liter water per day is not sufficient. Increase your intake and drink warm liquid right after waking up helps get things moving.
Thanx everyone for the replies. I generally drink up to 3 litres of water a day, especially in the summer. But since falling pregnant and having to go to the bathroom so often is a very HUGE problem, work wise. I am a traffic controller. (Yes those annoying people who stop you on the road or close roads). So even having some where to pee is a problem. So am just doing to best I can.
Cheers Finette
Sign in to follow this topic