Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

HOW TO START LABOUR EARLY???? Lock Rss

any ideas on how to get labour started around your due date??????????

im hoping to get preg now and wanting some advice for my pregenacy and labour.
Sex!!! and lots of it, thats what my midwife told me, but you should'nt do it if you have had your show. The sperm loosens the mucus plug which sends you into labour.
Hot curries and going over bumps in the car are old wives tales so maybe do that then come home and have sex!!!
Also taking raspberry leaf tablets/drinking raspberry leaf tea from 35 weeks+ is supposed to help with labour (but don't start taking it any sooner as it may send you into labour way too early!)
My midwife suggested hot bath, hot curry & hot sex, in whichever order you like! I tried all 3 (over 3 nights) & also drank raspberry leaf tea from 36 weeks on. My DD was born the day before she was due, rigth on time. A friend also tried acupuncture but she still had to be induced. I guess bub comes when they like not when you would like!

Heidi, NZ, DD apr 05, DS apr 07

The best ways to bring on labour are...

take castor oil
go on long walks
eat spicy food
have a long hot bath
have sex

these were what I used when I was pregnant with my first daughter and they all worked well, sex was the most effective though

Lilly,6/ Paige,14mnths & my angel Maddy-SIDS

A week before my daughter was born I went and had a total body massage all over my body and it was FANTASTIC and I felt like a brand new women and after the massage I was on cloud nine and couple days later my daughter was born.

All just have a lot of sex around the house.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic