Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

arrrrrrr morning sickness!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rss

hey there everyone!
I know this may be one of the dummest questions ever!! but i get morning sickness that bad that im going to ask anyway!

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CURE OR AN IDEA OR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HELP?????

shan qld.

LOL... As I type this, I too am feeling a little bit green!! I have been finding that a cup of green tea helps me to feel a little better. In general, I think that if you make sure you have a snack occasionally so that you don't get hungry, that it helps. Ginger is supposed to be really good, but I don't like to eat it!! I am going to get a set of those pressure bands and see how they go. I think that they are the same ones that you get for sea sickness and I have heard that they help some people. Good Luck!!! I will be keeping my eyes on this post to see if anyon has some other ideas smile

Linda - mum to Riley 13.04.04 (#2 Due 29.12.05)

Shan,

I think nothing can really stop morning sickness - its just one of those things that some of us suffer and some don't.

What did help alleviate the "chucky" feeling for me was having two breakfasts - the first at home which was simple and easy to bring up (ps - if you are suffering - try not to eat bread - its so hard to bring back up) I would have this first easy breakfast which would last maybe 15 minutes before coming back and then once I got to work I'd have my proper breakfast which would stay down.

The other product that helped me was "preggie Pops" - alas you can't buy them retail in Australia - I ordered mine off a baby website - you could try typing preggie pops into your search engine and see what comes up.

I hope the MS doesn't last too long for you - mine started at about 8 weeks and lasted until 18-20 weeks.

Good Luck and let us know how you go.
Take Care of you and baby!
hi there.
i ended up in hospital for 3 weeks with sickness (really bad de-hydration, i had to stay on IV fluids) whilst in there i was taking anti-sickness tablets that are safe to have when your pregnant (they called zofran and maxalon) so my advice is go to your gp!!

if you dont want to take drugs whilst pregnant some natural things i also used where

*"blackmores morning sickness fromula" natural tablets u can get from the chemist, i found this good, when the nausea wasn't that bad.

* accupuncture helped me heaps.

* " jatz" dry biscuits, always try to keep something in your tummy at all times. jatz r good cause u only have to have 1 or 2 at a time

*Flat coke! ( advice from a midwife) weird i know, but it works!!

*plenty of rest and fluids ( when u can keep anything in your tummy!!!)

But truthfully, having gone through it myself i would strongly advise u to go to your GP amd get some tablets if ur sickness is too bad, i was on them for almost 6 weeks with no hram to my baby at all and trust me! they do work!! u will feel so much better!!
good luck
jodi

Hi,

I'm currently pregnant with no. 2. The first time round I had bad morning sickness from 8 weeks till 20 weeks. I lost stack's of weight (that was the only good thing about it).

I had my finger's crossed that I'd be spared the morning sickness this time round but no luck. It started 2 days ago.

The first time round I tried everything anyone suggested from eating dry biscuits as soon as I woke up, ginger, Vitamin B12 and even had anti nausea tablets from doctor. They were no help and even made me very aggitated.

This time I'm hoping that having a toddler keep me busy will help take my mind off feeling sick. Some people say that morning sickness is all in your mind. I don't really beleive that but am willing to give it a try.

I'm also snacking often. As soon as I feel any twinge of hunger I eat something because otherwise I start to feel really sick, grab a bucket kind of sick. I don't feel like eating but I make myself do it anyway.

I keep trying to remind myself that it doesn't last forever and that there are some women out there that are sick every single day of their pregnancy, that would be worse.

Also, who's bright idea was it to call it "Morning Sickness"? For me it's all day and mostly in the evenings.

Oh no, there are the hunger pangs again. Better go eat something quickly.

Good luck to all
Bri

PS, Goulburn Valley fruit snack cup things are great for a quick snack. They are healthy and fast.

Mum to (Olivia 3 Feb 2004) & (Emily 26 Jan 2006)

Hey,

I had terrible morning sickness to the point where i could not leave the bathroom because all I did was throw up. It subsided a bit the further i got along. I still throw up once in the morning but I am told that is because we are having a girl smile

For me I used spearmint oil, a few drops on your pillow before you go to sleep. It did wonders for me.

Good luck hope it gets better soon

Ebony

i feel lucky and bad for the other women out there. whilst i did feel some nasea during the early months, i never once threw up. i had no problems with morning sickness. apparently my mother didnt either when she was pregnant with me. good genes?

PEPPERMINT OIL!!!!!!!!!

THE PROPER STUFF(100%) PEPPERMINT OIL, POP SOME INTO THE OIL BURNER WITH A LITTLE BIT OF WATER. I USED IT AND I'VE PASSED THE OIL ON TO ANOTHER FRIEND WHO SAID IT HELPS HER ALSO.

Jacks Mum.

I had really bad morning sickness in the 2nd and 3rd month where i was basically bed ridden and had to live with my parents for a while cause i had to have someone bring food to me cause i was throwing up 3 times a day and i was so weak. My husband couldn't look after me cause of work. Anyway ginger biscuits and cammomile tea helped a little. Also try Elevit, it's the tablet you take when when you're preganant and breast feed and although it doesn't say it helps relieve morning sickness i found it helped a bit. But not totally as i am now 27 weeks and still throw up 3 times a week. But i find that sometimes throwing up makes me feel better afterwards. I'd rather throw up then feel sick all day. I think it's just one of those things some women have to go through. I read in a pregnancy mag that women who have lots of morning sickness have a healthy baby, but i think that's something someone made up to justify what we go through.

DD 18 months

Sign in to follow this topic