Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Keeping Fit & Healthy during Pregnancy
  5. Anti Depressants in Pregnancy and breastfeeding?

Anti Depressants in Pregnancy and breastfeeding? Lock Rss

Hey all
I have been on a very mild dose of anti depressants for the past 4-5 months now and have just found out that i am pregnant(oops!) to my third baby. I tried to come off them a few weeks ago and just wasnt ready but after i did my test yesterday and got aposative im very worried about what i should do. my doctor told me i was fine to continue feeding my son while i was on them as he wasnt having many feeds per day and my dose was so low but i am just scared about what a snappy impatient person i am when i am not on them. any advice?
Kath

Kathryn - Zack-4, Toby-2 & Molly 1

Kath
Def stay on them, If your dr advises its ok then go with that. I am on aropax and came off it whilst preg and went on to some ohter crap that had be sleeping about 19 hours a day. We did some more research and aropax had recently become pregnancy safe (thankgod). I bf my son till 12.5 months whilst taking it and he is fine.

If you really aren't happy with being preg on the meds maybe see if your doc can switch you to a different type.

Good luck

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Sign in to follow this topic