Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

tired all the time Rss

Hi does anyone have any ideas about being tired all the time. I am 8 weeks pregnant and was never this tired with my first pregnancy. I have tried pregnancy vitamins, they dont seem to help a real lot. Is this something I have to get used to in this pregnancy.
Hi Montanna (nice name)......Congrats! Get used to it. I was very tired with my preganancy and just slept most of the time for the first 3 mths. I was also nauseas. In the second trimester I got all this energy but slowed down in the last month before giving birth. It is normal!!! Try iron tablets...tiredness can also be a sign of anemia (which is very normal in pregnancy)! Hope this helps!!!
Hi Montanna,
It is usual to feel more tired through a 2nd or subsequent pregnancy, as you are running around after an extra child now, which you weren't doing with your first pregnancy. See your doctor if you are concerned, as, like the other lady said, you may be lacking in iron. A blood test can confirm this. Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I hope everything goes well for you.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Montanna,

I can relate to what you are saying. I have a 13 month old daughter who is walking and has just started running ( much to her pregnant mummy's delight) I am 13 weeks pregnant and found the first 12 weeks in particular to be very tiring. I found that going to bed that little bit earlier plus eating well and drinking lots of water helped a bit. If you are concerned get a blood test to check your iron levels, but you will probably feel a little better in the second trimester when your body gets a bit more settled. Making a baby is hard work, relax and enjoy it.

Michelle smile
Sign in to follow this topic