Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Partner's Hangup Rss

Just wondering if anyone else out there has a similar experience to this one and if so, any solutions?

My partner is absolutely over the moon with our pregnancy and we are both excited as anything but.... he can't bring himself to have sex more than once a month (at the most!)

I know he loves me and he shows me in a million other ways but he says its "just not right" - he's got a hangup about the baby being there. smile

We know no harm can come to the baby but how do we get around this. He also keeps saying that for the baby (being in the fluid) it'll be like 'someone jumping on the end of your waterbed' with all the movement!

Yes, I know he's nuts and that is one of the reasons I love him but I'm getting desperate for a decent sex life! smile

Tarns

Hi Tarns

That is a difficult one. Sounds to me as though he is just concerned about hurting you or the baby. Maybe find some reading material for him about sex during pregnancy, to put his mind at rest that sex doesn't cause the baby or you any harm. Otherwise take him along to your Dr checkup and talk through his concerns with your Dr. Maybe a Dr's reassurance would help him??

Good Luck with it all!
Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

my fiance was the same until he talked to another friend who has three kids. early pregnancy my sex drive was over board. then after i was 3 months i didn't want it very often and he suffered..LOL just talk about its all you can do.

good luck

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Sign in to follow this topic