Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Young Mums in Dandenong area. Rss

Hi, im a 20yo with a bub on the way, my frist, and still awhile to go only 11 weeks smile But have been really sick thoughout the first trimester, i have just moved down from queensland and know no one or nothing around this area. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise as to a good local gp or anything baby related please! i would be so appreciative as its so hard to know when you dont know many people in the area.
Hi,

Im a 22yo first time mum who just moved to Narre Warren (which is not far from dandenong) so i know exactly how u feel! its a bit overwhelming with so much to organise and in a new town!
i called the maternity ward of the local hospital and they gave me some numbers for some local gp obstetritions, i think your closest hospital would be dandenong, hope that helps! good luck
It is overwealming knowing what to do next after you are confirmed pregnant especially new to an area!!!
I went to the site:
http://www.southernhealth.org.au/whp/aci/default.htm
and found the following information for you.
The Dandenong hospital and others in your local area are connected to the southern health organization. You have to ring a number (see below) or email (see below) them your details to book into one of the hospitals... the hospitals wont see you without you going thru that number. I tried the number and couldn't get thru so i tried the email and they called me back in a few days! I just went to the doctor in the local area who gave me the referral for the first ultrasound (which you will be due to have in the next week or so) and to order your first lot of blood tests.. that would be a good start till you see the midwife/obgyn.
Below is the information i found from the site.
Good luck..

Making a Southern Health Maternity Booking

Email maternity_bookings@southernhealth.org.au Please use your name as the title of the email. In the body of the email please include: your name, phone contact details during business hours, your weight and height and estimated due date.

Telephone number 9594 2229 (9594 BABY)

Southern Health’s central maternity telephone booking service manages all maternity bookings enquiries for Casey Hospital, Dandenong Hospital and Monash Medical Centre Clayton.

You will be asked about your health and maternity history and your preferences for model of care /carer

You will then be offered a maternity booking at one of our Hospitals which best meets your needs and according to site and model of care booking criteria and capacity for the given month. Early booking may increase your chance of receiving your first preference for model of care at the offered site.
It is overwealming knowing what to do next after you are confirmed pregnant especially new to an area!!!
I went to the site:
http://www.southernhealth.org.au/whp/aci/default.htm
and found the following information for you.
The Dandenong hospital and others in your local area are connected to the southern health organization. You have to ring a number (see below) or email (see below) them your details to book into one of the hospitals... the hospitals wont see you without you going thru that number. I tried the number and couldn't get thru so i tried the email and they called me back in a few days! I just went to the doctor in the local area who gave me the referral for the first ultrasound (which you will be due to have in the next week or so) and to order your first lot of blood tests.. that would be a good start till you see the midwife/obgyn.
Below is the information i found from the site.
Good luck..

Making a Southern Health Maternity Booking

Email maternity_bookings@southernhealth.org.au Please use your name as the title of the email. In the body of the email please include: your name, phone contact details during business hours, your weight and height and estimated due date.

Telephone number 9594 2229 (9594 BABY)

Southern Health’s central maternity telephone booking service manages all maternity bookings enquiries for Casey Hospital, Dandenong Hospital and Monash Medical Centre Clayton.

You will be asked about your health and maternity history and your preferences for model of care /carer

You will then be offered a maternity booking at one of our Hospitals which best meets your needs and according to site and model of care booking criteria and capacity for the given month. Early booking may increase your chance of receiving your first preference for model of care at the offered site.
thanks for the information smile i have already decided to go to the angliss hospital in ferntree gully they have a family birthing center which promotes drug free births with midwives and its such a friendly enviroment, im 11 weeks and 3 days now so all that end of things is planned, Local gps is what im after or even a mummies group so i can meet some new mums to be! getting lonley though the days in this big house all by myself smile
thanks for the information smile i have already decided to go to the angliss hospital in ferntree gully they have a family birthing center which promotes drug free births with midwives and its such a friendly enviroment, im 11 weeks and 3 days now so all that end of things is planned, Local gps is what im after or even a mummies group so i can meet some new mums to be! getting lonley though the days in this big house all by myself smile
Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy smile i'm 24 and having no 3 i live in berwick not far from dandenong.

i moved hear from adelaide when i was pregnant with my first so i know how your feeling. there is a young mums group in glen waverly they are fantastic the women who run the group are beautiful. you can go while your pregnant and the help you in so many ways you can go till your 25 there names are barb and belinda they meet on a tuesday if your interested i can get a number for you it is a good way to meet people. (if you go on the monash free way and get off at springvale rd thats glen waverly) i know there is one in cranburne too but i dont know if it is any good. if you want to chat or advice you can ask me anything, i'm hear smile
Gillian
hi im in berwick smile im 24 and 16 weeks pregant
hi ladies,

Congrates to all you ladies.
I'm 20 and having first bub!!!
I'm in Adelaide, but I grew up in Dandenong (Noble Park). I now live in a similiar town called Noarlunga... it seems the same where ever you go.

Have FUN!!!

Niss
Hey!!
I'm a 21,35weeks first time mum in Berwick (15min from Dandenong)
I'm having bubs at Dandenong Hosp.... I was going ta go to William Angliss though decided it may be a little far for me ... I also Know of a great GP who delivers there....

Sign in to follow this topic