Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. MIDWIFE OR GP????? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP VERY CONFUSED!!!!

MIDWIFE OR GP????? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP VERY CONFUSED!!!! Lock Rss

HI,
THIS MAY SOUND LIKE A DUMB QUESTION BUT I HAVE ONLY HAD ONE MIDWIFE APPOINTMENT AND I WAS 16 WEEKS PREGNANT. THE REST HAVE BEEN GP APPOINTMENTS. I NOW WILL START SEEING MY MIDWIFE FOR NEXT 3 APPOINTMENTS... WHAT DOES SHE DO EXACTLY IN THOSE APPOINTMENTS? IS IT THE SAME AS GP? WILL SHE ULTRASOUND ME (MY LAST GP THE DOC DID IT AT 28 WEEKS)? AND HOW EXACTLY DO THEY TELL IF THE BABY IS IN THE RIGHT POSITION? I AM SORE DOWN THERE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA!!! SORRY IF I SEEM DUMB BUT CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE????

EMMA
XXX
58 DAYS TO GO (HOPEFULLY) AND I AM SOOOOO SCARED!

Emma, WA (Madyson Paige Elizabeth Born 9/6/06)

its not a dumb question at all. when i was preggas, i went to the clinic with midwives. they checked my blood pressure, fundal height, baby's heartbeat, baby's position and urine for protein. they didnt ultrasound me every visit. i had i ultrasound at 18 weeks to determine sex and make sure he had 10 fingers and 10 toes. i then had another at about 30 weeks to see how things were progressing. the midwife will do the same thing as a gp would as far as i know. hope this helps

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Hi Emma

I only went to my first midwife appointment a week or so ago and i'm 29 weeks pregnant. You go to them so you get to know the midwives who will help to deliver your baby and prepare you for the last stages of your pregnancy. I was seeing my GP for the begening of my pregnancy, you know like getting all the injections i needed, being referred for my ultrasounds and general check ups. Now that my due date isn't that far away my GP has referrred me on to the hospital that i will give birth at and my pre-natal visits are being looked after by the midwives clinic. At my appointment i was given the anti-D injection, she checked my blood pressure, asked me a bunch a questions, made another blood test appointment, measured the bub and booked me into anti-natal classes (which i go to tonight, very excited lol!).
Hope that helped some smile
Bec
Hey MissMe,

I had midwife appointments pretty much the whole way through my 3rd trimester. They are fantastic and much more nurturing than a gp.

They will take your blood pressure, ask you a few questoins, start talking about your birth plan if you have one, they will check the position of the baby by pressing on your belly down low, I found that it was a lil tender when they did it but it only takes them like 5 seconds to workout where it is, and that is pretty much it, if you have any questions at all no matter how silly you may think they are this is the time to ask them, believe me you wont have anything they havent heard before.

Good luck and enjoy the time you have left

Missy

Nth Qld 2 year old Shannon

dear miss me
I think it's normal to feel a bit sore down there. i'm overdue now but had lots of pain in my bladder when i walked and pelvic pain.
Everyhting is getting squished in your body to make room for the baby.
From week 32 had weekly doc or midwife appoints and have had 5 scans in total cause they thought i had low lined placenta.

I think the worst pain i get is ligament pain and i swear it feels like someone is trying to pull out a muscle, and unfortunatly if you get it the only thing that helps is warmth so have a bath or use a heaty wheaty pack.
good luck with all
it' hard knowing what to do when we have never been there before...
di

Mother to 2 beautiful kids.

Sign in to follow this topic