Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. mother in law is sending he crazy!!!

mother in law is sending he crazy!!! Lock Rss

I have been feeling the MIL stress lately, to the point where I have had a dream 4 times now that she steals my baby from the hospital and my partner then tells me it's ok she will be a better mum than me. I think it stems from her speaking to him about me when I'm not there.

But today I spent some time with her and my SIL and I feel a little better.

I'm going to a baby market with her tomorrow and starting to improve.

Aww Bec, im the same, I have all sorts of wierd day dreams bout my MIL, i'm glad she lives in scotland! she is the worst, talking to my hubby about how i wasnt really pregnant i was just "obsessed" by the idea of it aoi was making it up - glad she was only here on holiday!

My mil is NASTY. Unfortunatley i have known her for 15 years and she is getting worse with age. Ever since i first met her she would make snide comments to me, blame me for things i didn't do, she would even make up stories about me and say i was mean to her and say things i never said. Craziest thing she did was make a voo-doo doll in my image, it was like a mini me, and one day when DH and i arrived at her house to stay for the weekend she forgot to remove the doll off our bed in the guest room, you should have seen the pins sticking out of its head!!! She raced into the room to remove it, i asked her who the doll was meant to be(full on knowing it was me)and she told me to "never mind". she is a nutter! wacko I have a cute little chihuahua, and she has even tried to kill it.

Before i had our beautiful baby i would tolerate her to keep the peace. But now we have our beautiful baby i want nothing at all to do with her AT ALL. She is dangerous, you might think i am over reacting, but she is, she calls my baby names,tells her to shut up, which is the last straw, this is abuse. She now ignores me (unless she wants something), and has hissy fits when she does not get her own way, or is not the centre of attention.

One day while she was visiting us, she disappeared for half and hour, my DH had to get in the car and go and look for her, we live near a rest area, and DH later found her standing underneath a tree crying,nut case! her reason for this episode was because apparently i had been mean to her!
Which i hadn't, it is much safer for me not to talk to her at all(i say hello etc to be polite and the more mature person), because everything i say she twists and holds things against me.But funnily enough she was quite happy after he had found her, because she got what she wanted....to be made a fuss of and the centre of attention.

So a weekend that was supposed to be about getting to know their beautiful grandchild, turned out to be all about her, she has to be the centre of attention and in control of every situation. Things are so bad now i just feel very uncomfortable and almost sick to my stomach even when DH talks to her on the phone. I am sorry about this long and boring rant but i am glad to read everyone elses stories, i don't feel so alone. Thanks for reading. smile smile

PSYCHO!!

Aww Bec, im the same, I have all sorts of wierd day dreams bout my MIL, i'm glad she lives in scotland! she is the worst, talking to my hubby about how i wasnt really pregnant i was just "obsessed" by the idea of it aoi was making it up - glad she was only here on holiday!

who needs them! not me.

Sign in to follow this topic