Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. 4yr old with ex..... now pregnant with new partner

4yr old with ex..... now pregnant with new partner Rss

HI

just wanted to know who else is in the same situation and how you delt with it or what kinda things came up good or bad...

i have a 4yr old already and obviuosly me and the dad are no longer together i am now pregnant with my new partner only have just ound out im 5w4d but wanted to know how every one else told there ex's. i know he's going to be a pain about it when i tell him and wanna say his 2cents about me being pregant so soon with my new partner ...but im happy and my DP is over the moon its his first ...so my theroy is as long as im happy then it dont matter.. but i know my ex will probably do his best to make things very difficult and i dont want my 4yr old DD to be dragged in the middle of it all

any advice would be great on how to handle it all

thanks

V xx

Nothing to see here....... so move on

Sorry i dont have any advice, but i am in the same situation. I have a 4yr old DS with my ex but we have minimum contact with his dad, he lives in Oz and we live in NZ. I'm 6wks pregnant with my new partner, we have only been together nearly 5mnths but we're both really happy. It will be his first baby too. I'm not sure when I will tell DS's father. Probably not till after the 12wk mark

HI

just wanted to know who else is in the same situation and how you delt with it or what kinda things came up good or bad...

i have a 4yr old already and obviuosly me and the dad are no longer together i am now pregnant with my new partner only have just ound out im 5w4d but wanted to know how every one else told there ex's. i know he's going to be a pain about it when i tell him and wanna say his 2cents about me being pregant so soon with my new partner ...but im happy and my DP is over the moon its his first ...so my theroy is as long as im happy then it dont matter.. but i know my ex will probably do his best to make things very difficult and i dont want my 4yr old DD to be dragged in the middle of it all

thanks

V xx

WOW. I coulda wrote this post - its exactly the same as my life right now except im 19 weeks!!

The only real difference between you and I is that my partner (husband at the time) left me because he got someone else preggo because I refused to have any more children with him. I found out by our daughter - coming home and telling me that she was going to be a big sister...

So I thought it only fitting that she tell him. I know that all sounds childish but in reality it has nothing to do with him nor you're ex - this is now you're life and if you're happy then he can jump!! My daughter told him and he bailed me up one day when I went to pick her up and said
"So you're preggo!".
"yep"
"Are you happy about it?"
"Of course"
"I thought you didnt want anymore?"
"That was back then, people and their circumstances change"
"Well congrats then, Im sure you and DP will be amazing parents".

So for me it wasnt as bad as I had originally thought it would be telling him - perhaps you're ex will be the same.

I guess all of this depends on when you tell you're 4 year old because as you know they have BIG mouths ... If you dont tell them for a while you can let nature tell him by showing you're baby bump!!

There is also the option of you're new partner and you telling you're ex together - a united front kind of thing - its depneds on how confty you and you're ex are and you new partner and you're ex - my new partner hates my ex and doesnt want a thing to do with him because he thinks that he is a jerk!!

Let me know how you go - here if you wanna chat !! Know exactly what you're going through!!

ok so i might sound a bit of a bitch...

but i dont see why its any of his business..

i'd let nature tell him wink

HI

thanks

V xx

hey v,
i have 3 kids to prior relationship and although my ex was shocked that i was pregnant again he ok with it. At the end of the day as long as your ex knows never to treat your 4 yr old like that or use her/him (sorry i cant see if ur child is boy or girl lol) against you then everything should be fine. Best of luck with the new bub smile
i'm 25wks with my 2nd. My 1st is 4y/o and i have been seperated from his father for just over 2yrs. my ex is a total wanker to me all the time about every thing so his reaction i was not looking forward to....

anyway, i just never said anything to him lol and it's so obvious now of course being 6months but he has not mentioned it and neither have i. so all went well tongue
hi my ex left us 2 yrs ago and he returned to the uk. he hardly ever speaks to our 4yr old son
i have a new partner who i've only been with for 3 months and i've just found out im 5wks 3days
were both really pleased as i dont see my ex im not going to tell him he can just find out from my son if and when he speaks to him next
My ex and I have been split for 3 years now, our child is 4 and I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my new partners baby. Not so new really, we've been together for 2 and a half years.
The ex has another child who is going on 2 so as you could imagine, I didn't think it was a big deal to tell him I was pregnant.
He was a massive *** about it. Made sarcastic comments about my partner and just his attitude alone was disgusting! I ignored is stupid comments and he got tired of getting no response I guess.
Just be happy, that pisses them off enough. Who cares what he thinks? As long as you,your partner and your child is happy, who cares!
Sign in to follow this topic