Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. Conceived using the withdrawal method

Conceived using the withdrawal method Rss

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this topic, so just let me know if it's not.

I've been reading a lot of information lately regarding using the withdrawal method and wondered if anyone had fallen pregnant after using this method. There seems to be a lot of mixed opinion surrounding whether or not there is sperm in pre-ejaculation, apparently there's not but sperm from previous ejaculation can come out during pre-ejaculation.

I want to know my chances in falling pregnant from this, particularly because we did this during my 'fertile' window. Smack bang in the middle actually.

We're not planning for another baby but I would be happy to be pregnant, so really just want to know if it has happened to anyone else.

I look forward to your stories smile

Carly

I conceived my 1st this way.... DH did not *** inside me but I still got pregnant, and I know that was when I conceived as we had not had sex the week prior and he was away for the week after!!!
um, never had any experience with it but high school sex ed tells you withdrawal method is not the way to go if you want to avoid pregnancy.
My SIL and BIL use this method...........They have 6 kids. Wouldn't recommend it!!!!!!!!!!!
Caity - 6 kids! Yikes! I wonder if they'll ever start using a more reliable form of contraception? Haha laugh

I'm not actually counting on this as a form of contraception, just wondering what my chances are....just quietly I'd be quite chuffed if I was to fall pregnant. Hehe.

Me*Myself*I - Oh wow! The articles I've read said that there would need to be left over sperm and that the male would not have urinated between last ejaculation etc for it to carry sperm in pre-***. I find true life stories much more reliant and fascinating, so thanks for sharing!

Guess it's just a waiting game for me!

Carly

Hehehe, well I hope that you are pregnant then! smile
i got pregnant with ds while using a condom, and with dd while taking the pill. have just been using the withdrawl method for 2 ears and no pregnancies,

Hehehe, well I hope that you are pregnant then! smile

Guess it's just a waiting game! TWW....hehe!

Carly

We used the withdrawal method for 8 years and did not even have a scare. When we started to try to get pregnant my doctor thought we may have fertility issues as she said no one can be that lucky for that long. However, when trying to get pregnant it only took us 3 months.
Dh and i used the withdrawal method (i call it pull out system) for over 3 years. Never fell pregnant. But when we decided to try i fell straight away.
Was talking to DH and he says its all about timing and he needs to not *** before he pulls out. (could even be a tiny little bit). If he's unsure, then go get the morning after pill.
Good Luck.
The month i got pregnant this time my DH and I were going through a rough patch and only had sex ONCE that entire month (i must ov early too) & he pulled out. So it can happen, having said that its been our method for 5 years and its not how we conceived DS. But my partner has fertility issues so we call them our miracle babies! haha

The month i got pregnant this time my DH and I were going through a rough patch and only had sex ONCE that entire month (i must ov early too) & he pulled out. So it can happen, having said that its been our method for 5 years and its not how we conceived DS. But my partner has fertility issues so we call them our miracle babies! haha

Oh wow! They really are your miracle babies, especially number 2! Amazing conception story, guess the whole 'left over sperm' theory is incorrect then smile Haha.

How long before you realised you were pregnant, any super early signs?

Carly

Sign in to follow this topic