Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Partner thinking about leaving Rss

Hi - I'm 30 weeks pregnant and my partner (of 9 years) has just told me that he doesn't think he actually wants to have a baby and can't see us staying together. We're going to try some counselling, but if he goes there's no way I can manage financially or raise a child on my own. I'm really scared about this turn of events. Has anyone got any ideas, suggestions, or places I can contact for help?
Hi Spike01, Im really sorry to hear you are going through this right now. It sounds like a positive thing that you have both agreed to try counselling. My partner and I are on very rocky terms it seems like one week to the next we change from good to bad, and im 28 wks preg and already got a 19mo. The idea of separating seems just too hard to deal with sometimes, but hopefully some other mums on here might have some advice on ways to deal with things or places to contact that can help, sorry i cant offer anything with those things, i will be keeping an eye out for others replies. Hope things work out for you, stay positive for you and your baby xx
hey

get in contanted with centrelink ASAP, you can claim your baby bonus now.

I no what you mean, im 35 weeks, and my mans leaving me. need to pay rent like three days ago for 650 and i only have 150 dollars and no gas for two weeks.....

but if i can help i will, did u ask if he will help still?
do u have family?

hey

get in contanted with centrelink ASAP, you can claim your baby bonus now.

I no what you mean, im 35 weeks, and my mans leaving me. need to pay rent like three days ago for 650 and i only have 150 dollars and no gas for two weeks.....

but if i can help i will, did u ask if he will help still?
do u have family?

Hi - thanks for support, I forgot to mention that I'm in NZ. I don't think we have the baby bonus over here. I just keep thinking I'll wake up tomorrow and everything will be fine.
hey darling

As long as you have that hope, dont lose hope darling.
I am so sorry i cant help you, hopefully family and friend would help you out smile.

zoe

Hi - thanks for support, I forgot to mention that I'm in NZ. I don't think we have the baby bonus over here. I just keep thinking I'll wake up tomorrow and everything will be fine.

Hey im from NZ too, we don't have a 'baby bonus' but once you are past 28 weeks you can apply at work and income for a special part of the sickness benefit for pregnant woman which will be really helpful for you. Also go in and talk to them about getting any other assistance you can, you can check online using this Work and Income - what you might get - PM me if you want to know more I don't know alot about it but I'll help where I can <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
When your baby is born you can also apply through inland revenue for an amount of money to help you I think it's called Family Tax Credit, look here Inland revenue NZ or give them a call they're really helpful.

Best of luck with whatever path you and your partner go down

Hi - I'm 30 weeks pregnant and my partner (of 9 years) has just told me that he doesn't think he actually wants to have a baby and can't see us staying together. We're going to try some counselling, but if he goes there's no way I can manage financially or raise a child on my own. I'm really scared about this turn of events. Has anyone got any ideas, suggestions, or places I can contact for help?

Oh well it's a bit late for him to decide that! The baby is coming regardless! He should man up and stick by you. He might just be getting scared about being a dad and this is his only way of dealing with it. He might change his mind when he sees his gorgeous little bubs. Unless of course, you don't want to be with him anymore. Definitely contact Work & Income. Good luck!

Hang in there,

Men get cold feet too, my DH was very anxious just before DD was born. It a good idea that you are getting counseling, maybe talk to the counselor about the possibility that he is scared or worried about becoming a Dad.

Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you.

where abouts in NZ are you. I am here too.... go to winz and ask what you need to do and then go to your doctor it should be free pregnancy related get the forms filled in.

where are your family? there is no shame in going home and asking for help.... i had to when i was 27 and pregnant.... Winz are good when baby is here helping get the stuff you need. contact the sallies or st vincent depaul.... womens refuage(sp) ask friends?

where abouts in NZ are you. I am here too.... go to winz and ask what you need to do and then go to your doctor it should be free pregnancy related get the forms filled in.

where are your family? there is no shame in going home and asking for help.... i had to when i was 27 and pregnant.... Winz are good when baby is here helping get the stuff you need. contact the sallies or st vincent depaul.... womens refuage(sp) ask friends?

Thanks for your advice - I spoke with family today and they are super supportive, but then on the way home I saw a dad and his little daughter clearing their letterbox together and got really upset. I just keep hoping this is a hiccup rather than the finale, but I think I might be dreaming.
Sign in to follow this topic