Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TMI Question Rss

Now that I am pregnant DH and I just never have sex anymore, Im just not interested anymore, is this common? I thought it went up during pregnancy.

We didn't much either...maybe every couple of weeks but when I got really big I just wasn't into it at all! DH was very good about having no sex for ages ha ha! smile

(I never had the increased sex drive that I've heard people had)

you're not alone. I was the same. We tried a few times, but I was just so big & uncomfortable or tired that it didn;t work. DH was great about it, TMI aswell, I did have to give in to his requests for some other form of relief a few times though..lol

Even now, DS is nearly 3mths old & i don;t feel quite right down there yet, so we still haven't had sex. We tried quite early on after DD but it was not good. So this time we decided to wait till everything felt ok first.
My sex drive has been all over the place with this pregnancy! Sometimes I'll only want it a couple of times a week and other times Im up for it every day haha, poor DP never knows what's going on! Now that Im massive(34wks tomorrow) we don't do it as often, maybe twice a week.
When pregnant with DD my sex drive was through the roof. After her birth it dropped to an all time low, like really, really low. It still hasn't picked up. I feel sorry for DP sometimes. Poor guy would like more loving but I just can't get into it. But still, as another PP said, there are other ways to have fun. wink

you're not alone. I was the same. We tried a few times, but I was just so big & uncomfortable or tired that it didn;t work. DH was great about it, TMI aswell, I did have to give in to his requests for some other form of relief a few times though..lol

Even now, DS is nearly 3mths old & i don;t feel quite right down there yet, so we still haven't had sex. We tried quite early on after DD but it was not good. So this time we decided to wait till everything felt ok first.

I've offered such method to DH but he just doesn't want, I was surprised. We haven't had any since January, this is WAY TMI but my DH is very weel endowned and we just can't it work =(

With DD there was no interest for him or me. I think we did it 3 times in the whole pregnancy but with this one, my sex drive is insane. To the point where he says... oh not again!!!

If its your first bub, you might feel a little funny. I thought she could get hurt (even though they cant) and he thought the same thing. It was also a visual thing for him, all he could think about was poking the baby (which he cant).

Just go with it and do whatever works for you both.
i too have heard that sex drive is supposed to increase during pregnancy, though i too am still waiting for it to kick in. i feel a bit sorry for my DH i'm sure he would like more loving, but right now it's just not happening. fingers crossed it gets better.

i've been recommended the book 'Real Sex for Real Women' maybe that might work for some (all!!) of us?!

good luck everyone xx
sorry ladies but im the opposite lol i cant get enough when pregnant which of course dh loves but at times he tells me 'im too tired or i've got a headache 'sounds funny coming from a male. I ve got 2 dd and preg with our 3rd and everytime my sex drive goes through the roof. We get creative and try different positions to make it more comfy and my dh is well endowned as well which can cause some pain at times if im not completely in the mood so he is great and knows when to stop. and with having 2 other children sometimes having a quickie helps relive him and me lol plus the upside cant get pregnant smile
my drive has been a bit up and down, but we managed to keep doing it until the 8th month. It kind of got to the point where we couldn't do it how I wanted to, to make it more enjoyable for me so it hasn't happened since. You just get to a point where you're too big.

I can't wait to do it like we used to! lol laugh
mine went up soooo much! my poor dp was like i cant do it again its physically impossible!!!! hahahaha

but at 32 weeks I bleed alot afterwards one nite, and after 2 nites in hospital i was lyk nope dont even touch anywhere down there!! lol

roll eyes
Sign in to follow this topic