Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. Putting the ultrasounds on facebook INSENSITIVE?

Putting the ultrasounds on facebook INSENSITIVE? Lock Rss

my partner wants to put photos of baby to be up on facebook.
I am not happy about this and have convinced him to wait untill tests are all done before he can put them up BUT .. I still dont want him to put them up on facebook. I dont want my uterus plastered all over his facebook it makes me feel violated.

I dont want people commenting on them especially people i dont know and he is still friends with an ex - and other person who i have asked him to cease all contact with. bottom line i dont mine them as a screen saver on his computer but i feel this is my right being taken away to having privacy.

I have not posted ANYTHING about my pregnancy on facebooks - no photos of me or baby or status updates even to indicate that i am i keep my life private where possible AM I being reasonable saying NO to having pictures on facebook of our baby
I think that it is great that he is excited about the baby and wants to share it with his friends on facebook. I personally think you might be over reacting but in the end it is personal choice. You have to remember though that it is as much his baby as yours and if he wants to put up a picture of the baby then I don't think you can really stop him.
I think you have the right to say no, I have friends that post everything about their babies on facebook even a few post their belly photos! I know I don't want photos put up of me, maybe one photo when I actually have a baby but that's it, you need to tell him (if you haven't done so already) how you feel about it, try not to get angry at him as he must be proud to show that he is becoming a father smile or maybe let him post information like baby was this size etc smile gd luck and hope he respects your wishes

my partner wants to put photos of baby to be up on facebook.
I am not happy about this and have convinced him to wait untill tests are all done before he can put them up BUT .. I still dont want him to put them up on facebook. I dont want my uterus plastered all over his facebook it makes me feel violated.

I dont want people commenting on them especially people i dont know and he is still friends with an ex - and other person who i have asked him to cease all contact with. bottom line i dont mine them as a screen saver on his computer but i feel this is my right being taken away to having privacy.

I have not posted ANYTHING about my pregnancy on facebooks - no photos of me or baby or status updates even to indicate that i am i keep my life private where possible AM I being reasonable saying NO to having pictures on facebook of our baby

If you don't want anything about your pregnancy on fb, well, that's up to you. But, have you seen what a scan looks like??? It is a fuzzy black and white image of a baby. Not a shot of your private parts. Not sure how it is insensitive. To me, sounds like he is an excited father to be, and is acting in a normal way.

Eve75

I kept my pregnancy very quiet and off Facebook till i was over 20weeks. i had afew complications and didn't want people knowing until i knew everything was ok.

I now have baby bump pictures on my facebook BUT the album is private. and only certain people can see it. and people im not very close with cant.

i would be happy if my DP was that excited about bubz. it could be worse and him not care less about it.

Paige 23/5/06 Tyler 27/11/08

I think you have the right to put your foot down and say no. Especially if there are people on his friends list that you don't want knowing about your pregnancy, or seeing your baby before its born (or at all).

As excited as he is he has to respect your wishes, yes it's a joint effort to create the baby but whose the one carrying it and has to go everything that pregnancy brings? Not him that's for sure.

-Princess- has a good idea. If he's determined to put something up then make sure the album is set so that only those you approve of can see the picture. I'm not sure if it can be done with a profile pic but an album is easy to keep private.

It was really more to do with he doesnt ask if im ok with it he will just do it unless i ask him to stop and give him a reasonable excuse i dont feel i should have to do this i dont mind him showing people in person just dont want Jo-Average to see it or 1 person in particular. ( ie a girl he let crash in his bed once and didnt have sex with .)

It was really more to do with he doesnt ask if im ok with it he will just do it unless i ask him to stop and give him a reasonable excuse i dont feel i should have to do this i dont mind him showing people in person just dont want Jo-Average to see it or 1 person in particular. ( ie a girl he let crash in his bed once and didnt have sex with .)

If there's one person on his friends list that makes you feel that uncomfortable, maybe that's what you should be discussing. If he removed her from his 'friends' would that make you more comfortable?
I wish my husband was that enthusiastic about our pregnancy! He didn't really get into it at all til bub was about a month old smile
I don't see a problem with him putting them on facebook, it is his baby as well.
Its not as if people are going to walk around and say "I remember you I saw your uterus on facebook before"
Why don't you come to a compromise and meet in between.

Let your DH put the photo up on facebook, but only select certain people that can see it. You can be there when he does that. Its easy to do! I have put a photo up on facebook before for just a few people on my friends list to see, all you have to do is adjust the settings when you upload the photo.

i agree with it being his baby too, he should be allowed to get excited. if it's a matter of you not wanting it out so early that's understandable and i think he should respect that.

also if you're feeling this way about pregnancy pics how will you feel when the baby is out and he wants to take it somewhere or show it to certain people? when this baby is born you are going to want/need/expect help at times. you will want him to be just as responsible for the baby as you which means he really needs to enjoy the perks of becoming a parent as much as you. i was overly protective of my first and it worked against me for those reasons, when i needed him he wasn't as willing because i had made the baby my reponsiblity through controlling everything which didn't help our relationship and took a lot of work to get back on track.

just something to think about! the hormones don't help either when it comes to anything or anyone you feel emotional about smile
thanks guys =)
I think it was a mix of a few things

not wanting pictures of our child all over the internet - I am a private person, I wanted people that were close to see the proper images i felt puting them on facebook cheapened the experience, i like a more personal touch and would prefer to show people who are important in person.

I guess i was more irritated that i wasnt asked if i was ok with him puting it up as it is OUR child and im of the opinion that we should make decisions together.

There are still some tests to do to determine the baby is ok to go full term i would personally be humiliated if all these people knew and we couldnt go through with it for medical reasons - i just like being cautious on how much people know when there are so many uncertanties
Sign in to follow this topic