Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Sex while Pregnant Lock Rss

Ok so this is kinda random to ask, but in the early days of me being pregnant i was up for sex all the time, but im now 28 weeks pregnant, and the last few weeks to now i dont want it like i dont feel like it, anyone else out there that lost their sex drive through pregnancy?
I feel really bad for my partner as he still wants it each week, but I give him the cold shoulder pretty much, and fall asleep.
Is this normal to loose the drive??? sad
Hey Candace,
I wouldn't know if it's normal but I am 22 weeks with my second ds and I actually lose all my sex drive when I'm pregnant, the whole way through! I feel gross and emotional and really don't like my poor dh touching me at all.
We've had sex twice this whole pregnancy and I don't know why I'm like this, I feel so bad for dh but there is nothing I can do about it! It would be nice to have some insight as I know all my friends actually have an increase in sex drive! Not me though...
with my first pregnancy i lost my sex drive and it didnt come back for a LOOOOOOOONG time. im talking, nearly 2 years!! gasp i think serious long term sleep deprivation mixed with severe post natal depression were pretty big factors though..

this pregnancy however, lets just say its ALL good wink

everyone is different, every pregnancy is different. Your hormones go crazy, your self image and body image changes and you need to try to not be too hard on yourself. You've got plenty of years ahead for working on your sex life. right now, you are working on building a baby from scratch. im sure hubby will forgive you wink
Through both mine i have gone on and off at different stages during the pregnancies, and usually from one extreme to the other. Just explain to your partner, hopefully he will understand, mine was luckily pretty understanding even though he hated it at times.
I never did with bubz..... It was just that Im always on top so by the end it had to be fast otherwise it was too painful and hurt me too much that i really had to stop. Even after i had bub i was sooo playful lol!! ...coodnt wait for the 6 week wait to be up.... but we coodnt wait that long lol hubby was constantly on me, and I always jump, always up for it.... but we r trying for another so i guess we will see soon if this pregnancy is different.

hahaha yeah i was like that with DS as i got bigger i just did not want to even think about it

lol yeah it's normal smile

Probably the first few weeks with me i as still wanting it like i normally did but after that..seriously even say the word to me and i'd be..half running half waddling the other way..thankfully i had an understanding partner lol
whats ds and dh??? that confussed me lol, sorry kinda new to the abreviations like that

thats the weird thing i was always wanting it every morning and night, i could never get enough of it, and i never got any complaints from him, but now i just dont want him to touch me in a sexual way or anything, and i kno he hates me for it, i think its because he has alot of pregnant friends who still have sex in their pregnancy and it hasnt changed them being 'horny' or what not.... i think he thinks that i should be the same as others

i only have like another 2 months and a bit i think it is but seriously its 2 months and a bit plus the 6 week stage after birth that i might bleed for, and thats like 4 months away roughly all together til i can have sex next, DAMN!

and then thats when i start to think, ok he is a sexaholic type of person, loves sex (as was i) but since he hasnt got any for a while now im starting to think that maybe there is a backup girl....stupid for me to think that i know but thats just me and thinking the worst of it.

I JUST WANT MY SEX DRIVE BACK! lol
thanks guys for the help smile much appreciated
maybe you need to get him to give you a nice relaxing massage and see if it leads to something from there.
we get all kinds of aches and pains in pregnancy and i know my hubby isnt exactly the "attentive" type in that he doesnt just offer to give me a massage for the sake of my poor body carrying his baby LOL
yet if i ask for one, he knows that within 10-15 minutes he can usually coerce me into something else wink

dont let it become too serious. just keep things light hearted. make jokes about your libido disappearing and about the fact you cant seem to get comfy anymore and just keep the communication open. if you close up shop AND stop communicating, he'll think its him or that you are just being unfair. but if you keep an open dialogue and let him know you WANT your sex drive back but just cant seem to find it, he might not be so resentful..

good luck! and just know that its not forever, and like everything in a relationship, the sex will ebb and flow and have good times and bad. just strike this off as the bad and know it will get better down the track.
YAH, ITS PREETY NORMAL TO LOOSE YOUR SEX DRIVE, BUT WHEN I WAS LIKE THAT WITH MY 3RD PREG, AND IM NOW ON MY 4TH, I FELT SORRY FOR MY HUSBAND, AND JUST DID IT ONE NITE, AND FOUND ONCE WE GOT STARTED I DIDNT WANT IT TO END!!!LOL
AS I GOT BIGGER I FOUND THE ONLY COMFY POSSITION WAS DOGGY AND EVEN WITH A SMALL PILLOW UNDER BUBS, GIVE IT A GO!!! LOL IM SURE U WILL BE SUPRISED!!!
We stopped the full-on stuff at about 4 months with both pregnancies - It just got too uncomfy for me and DH was worried about the baby coming out looking like a golf ball, lol!

But there is stuff you can still do without going the whole hog, so to speak! Even if it's just sorting him out.

Have fun! wink
I completly lost mine during the 1st trimester. Im 22w5d now and its been back for a couple of weeks. I hope it doesnt go away again. We found a good position to get around my belly. lol.
Sign in to follow this topic