Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Placenta in the front of my stomach Lock Rss

Im down cos it is my 2nd pregnancy and other mothers have all being saying they feel bubz kicking by 14weeks.... still nothing really .... sometimes squirms I think but cannot be too sure, wondering any other mummies had this and how long did it take and also how did u deliver did it result in a c-section??...I had a all natural drug free birth last time.

hi there im having my 2nd baby in january and also have my placenta at the front. i felt 1st movements at 15 wks and my hubby and little girl felt bubs kick around 20wk, i talked to midwife about it and it shouldnt effect having a natural birth it can just make it hard to pick up the HB with the doppler! i think its only when its low lying that c sections are necsacary?!
mine was at the front too, kicks around 19-20 weeks and a drug free homebirth. wink
Hey hun, this is my 2nd pregnancy too and my placenta is in front too I didnt feel my wee man till about 20 weeks but god do I feel him good now hehehe smile Goes for it all the time!

Hey hun, this is my 2nd pregnancy too and my placenta is in front too I didnt feel my wee man till about 20 weeks but god do I feel him good now hehehe smile Goes for it all the time!

Thanks girls.... doctors say 20 weeks but i read somewhere someone didnt ever feel bubz the whole way thro :S so it is nice to hear back from u all grin

This is my 2nd pregnancy, and this time my placenta is anterior too - I felt my first kick at 17w exactly. No flutterings/bubbles before that, and they still only feel light at this stage. Seems very different to the first time when both hubby & I were feeling strong kicks at 18w! Hoping for normal birth too.
I've had 2 babies and both times I have had the placenta at the front. First time I didn't feel things until maybe 23 or 24 weeks! But by the end Hazel was waking DH up with her kicking! Second time round was maybe 20ish weeks.
aww hun i had this aswell..i was devestated!!!i didn feel bub move until i was abou 6-7months and my partner could feel her till end of 7 month it sucked so bad...im still waiting to have her so not sure about other questions.. xx
Oops, noticed I didn't answer the other parts of the question! I had two natural labours, DD#1 carried posterior but turned right before she was born, DD#2 was not posterior but sort of sideways. First time I had every drug ever invented!! Second time I just had gas. There is no reason that it would make you have a C section unless the placenta is covering the cervix.
I had this for both pregnancies. For #1 I felt my first flutters around 17wks, just didn't realise what it was at the time...for #2 it was around the 18wk mark when I felt the first flutters.

I never felt any kicks at all, i could feel dull thuds IYKWIM & could feel when bub rolled, but thats it. Other than 1 occasion with each pregnancy, DH never felt any movements, but he used to see my belly moving (strangly half the time I could see it, but not actually feel it)

I had to monitor movements on a chart from 28wks & go to hospital for monitoring if I hadn't felt 10 movements between 9am-9pm. Went a few times for #1, but only once for #2.

I had 2 natural births.
well every day I have been getting squirms but nothing u can really feel on the outside... im more down as hubby really wants to feel something, but cant and I enjoyed feeling it all together last time so waiting....waiting.

well every day I have been getting squirms but nothing u can really feel on the outside... im more down as hubby really wants to feel something, but cant and I enjoyed feeling it all together last time so waiting....waiting.

I started feeling flutters at 14/15wks but I don't often get kicks and not full on ones either. Still not getting consistent movement, but im sure a few more weeks I will. So feeling squirms is pretty good considering you have the placenta in front. No way my OH would be able to feel anything yet either smile

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

Sign in to follow this topic