Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

feeling a bit lonely Lock Rss

My partner and I have recently moved into town after living on a cattle property 250km from the nearest town. While living out there, we were spending the majority of each day together, as I’d go with him to help on the property just about every day. Since moving to town, he’s got a job, while I’m staying at home studying an online course and getting ready for bub’s birth in December. I don’t have many friends in town, and the few that I have are not really close friends who’d I’d catch up with or talk to often, so I’ve been left feeling really lonely while he’s off at work or catching up with his mates. Since we’ve been in town, we’ve been arguing a lot more, and it’s really getting me down. My mum and I are really close, but she doesn’t approve of my partner at all, as there is a big age difference between us that she is having real trouble seeing past. Mum would normally be the person I’d talk to about how I’m feeling, but in the past when I’ve tried to talk to her about being upset from fighting with my partner, she hasn’t been able to be supportive, and can only use what I say to her as a reason that I should leave my partner, or how he is obviously wrong for me etc etc, as she wishes we weren’t together. I’m just feeling really isolated and alone at the moment, and it’s upset me heaps to realise that I don’t have anyone who I can turn to and talk about this with.
Sorry, I think I just needed to vent somewhere.

My partner and I have recently moved into town after living on a cattle property 250km from the nearest town. While living out there, we were spending the majority of each day together, as I’d go with him to help on the property just about every day. Since moving to town, he’s got a job, while I’m staying at home studying an online course and getting ready for bub’s birth in December. I don’t have many friends in town, and the few that I have are not really close friends who’d I’d catch up with or talk to often, so I’ve been left feeling really lonely while he’s off at work or catching up with his mates. Since we’ve been in town, we’ve been arguing a lot more, and it’s really getting me down. My mum and I are really close, but she doesn’t approve of my partner at all, as there is a big age difference between us that she is having real trouble seeing past. Mum would normally be the person I’d talk to about how I’m feeling, but in the past when I’ve tried to talk to her about being upset from fighting with my partner, she hasn’t been able to be supportive, and can only use what I say to her as a reason that I should leave my partner, or how he is obviously wrong for me etc etc, as she wishes we weren’t together. I’m just feeling really isolated and alone at the moment, and it’s upset me heaps to realise that I don’t have anyone who I can turn to and talk about this with.
Sorry, I think I just needed to vent somewhere.

Hiya, what city/area have you moved to? I live in Auckland.
I know how you feel. Neither of my parents approve of my partner and if i am upset, every thing ive told them about him, ever, is brought up and forms a list of why i should leave him.my two closest friends both live over an hour away, and the friends i have left arent ones id spill my tearful stories to.we lived together on a farm where we both didnt really know anyone so spent heaps of time together,then i moved back to the city when i found out i was pregnant,he came up 6months later and i see him all up about an hour and a half a day, he always goes from work to his mates,even though im 37 weeks pregnant now and he knows id love for us to spend time together instead.it's a pretty lonely wee world sad

I know how you feel. Neither of my parents approve of my partner and if i am upset, every thing ive told them about him, ever, is brought up and forms a list of why i should leave him.my two closest friends both live over an hour away, and the friends i have left arent ones id spill my tearful stories to.we lived together on a farm where we both didnt really know anyone so spent heaps of time together,then i moved back to the city when i found out i was pregnant,he came up 6months later and i see him all up about an hour and a half a day, he always goes from work to his mates,even though im 37 weeks pregnant now and he knows id love for us to spend time together instead.it's a pretty lonely wee world sad

You poor thing! I understand completely how you feel. If youre ever after someone to talk to, send me a message smile
Sign in to follow this topic