Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Maternity Clothing Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

I need some help... I am at the point in my pregnancy where things are starting to not fit sad and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where the best place would be to go to get Maternity clothing.

I have tried Big W and Target and I cant find anything nice....

You help is appreciated. Drop me a line..

Thankyou
i get my maternity clothes from Kmart hope that helps

Mummy to a dd born the 29/02/2008
Ds born 26/08/2010
Baby Girl due 16/10/2012

Hi Everyone,

I need some help... I am at the point in my pregnancy where things are starting to not fit sad and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where the best place would be to go to get Maternity clothing.

Thankyou

I couldn't believe how much trouble I had getting anything maternity...don;t even get me started with bras.
I didn't see the point in spending heaps on clothes I wouldn't be waering for very long. I found some good stuff at kmart, a few items at target. I just had a few basics, managed to get naternity singlets and some pants, then got large cardigans etc....needless to say I was pregnant in winter. maybe try some larger size dresses, maxi dresses?
Hi Kellcleary,

Where are you? I suppose is a good place to start.

You can get some maternity stuff online and there are lots of little places around where I am (Melbourne), but you just have to know to start with.

It depends on if you don't want to spend too much also. I think Jeans West do maternity jeans these days. Pumpkin Patch does maternity stuff, Ripe Maternity has shops around these days. Online you can try mothercare, or just search for maternity clothes on the internet and you will get a huge no of websites to look at.

The Australian Breastfeeding Assoc also has a shop called mathers direct, you can get clothes there also.

I also find Giordano (Although it's not maternity) good for T-shirts and singlets etc. They are cheap and you can usually get extra long ones, so they can fit around you bump. Then I just get cardigans etc that don't do up at the front to wear over the top. Jay Jays and places like that are also good for cheap cotton maxi dresses. If you buy one that has a little room in it (Say the next size up to what you would normally) these will stay comfortable for a good part of your pregnancy and give your belly room to grow.

Have fun shopping!

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou

Hello smile I'm a mum of 4 beautiful boys (I'm a little biased lol) and have recently been through the pain of trying to find comfy/stylish maternity clothes(My youngest is 10 weeks). Which is why I've started a maternity wear online business called Plus ONE Maternity. We currently have GAP clothing in stock at affordable pices smile If you like come over and have a look at our stock if you quote HUGGIES on your order I'll be more than happy to give you a 10% discount any items you purchase smile If you have any feedback on the site or clothing feel free to let me know. www.plusonematernity.net

Thank you,
Anna

Its always the way, whenever i wasn't pregnant all the nice maternity clothes were around & when i was there was nothing nice at all!!

Have you looked on ebay? I got a few items from there & depending what area you are from there maybe a swap & sell thing group on facebook?

Hope you find some things to wear soon smile
I found maternity clothes shopping really depressing. Target has a $20 tshirt that's not bad and I've got it in several colours. I've had zero luck with pants but have found a good skirt. The best skirt I've found is from 'Boho Mama', I bought it from a stall in a shopping centre, but they're also online. I got an ankle length black skirt which has fit me all through my pregnancy and has worn really well. I also got a really pretty overlay for the skirt, so I can add that when I want to go out and look a little less casual.

Other than that... I have relied heavily on pyjama pants...

Good luck with your shopping smile
I got my stuff from pumpkin patch and some jeans from jeanswest.

You can also pick up some stuff second hand from trade me/e bay
Bit late on the reply but I am 30 weeks and have had some success with Target shorts although their size and range availability is pretty hit & miss. I have also bought lots of the Bonds Bumps range from Trade Secret for casual wear (maxi skirt, cotton skirt, leggings, cotton dress, cape hoodie) and am relying on my Country Road stretchy jersey dresses and stretchy sarong skirts with Kookai singlets (longer length) and a blazer or cardigan for work.
Country Road leggings and longer tops/tunics are also great for casual weekend wear.
I have heard good things about Jeans West mat jeans and capris but I dont like the over belly band for comfort.
I cant believe how little there is out there now. Everywhere is getting rid of or cutting back on there maternity range.
Oh though to be honest I just bought tops I liked in bigger sides. The only real maternity clothes I bought was a few singlets and work pants from Target, and some jeans for Jeans West.
Bit late, but just replied to similar question with bff's recent score from www.bumpbabyandbeyond.com.au - she was stoked! I'm sure she said something about wishing we were in Melbs to go to their stores, but I might be wrong..
I brought lots of stuff from ezibuy.com.au, it is not a maternity shop, but alot of their shirts, tops and dresses are rooming enough to wear whilst pregnant. I was a size 12 before pregnancy & would just buy a large or size 14 from them as there stuff is quite roomy.
The other place is ebay, I brought new & second hand stuff from there.
Sign in to follow this topic