Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Need to vent.... Lock Rss

Argh... So I am nearly 7 weeks pregnant and I work in the Childcare industry so the staff know I am pregnant as I am not allowed to be in rooms under 2 and I was in a toddler room..... Anyway, we were not telling anyone about the pregnancy till 12 weeks but like I said work knew, I have a a lady who is friend of the family who's child attends the centre, this person is the biggest gossip I know... And my boss told her I was pregnant, which then resulted in me and my husband telling our relatives before she did, I am so mad where is the confidentiality, I was debating wether to report it or not, it's not the first time that she has told parents things about the staff.
Sorry lol just needed to tell someone !!!!

thats a bit rude of the boss, that just ruins the way you would have liked to tell people. you should report it if its something that keeps happening. and approach the boss saying how unprofessional her behaviour is. good luck

Raspberry Sundae wrote:
I don't know if reporting it will do anything but I would talk to your boss and tell her you are disappointed with the breach of trust/confidentiality.

Congratulations on your pregnancy that is such exciting news. I followed your up's and down's a while ago all the best for a smooth uneventful pregnancy. smile

I was Mum of 3 Cuties. wink

OH yes HEY lol and thank you grin

Huh?! How come you couldn't work with under 2s once you found out you were pregnant?!

But as for your question, I would be pretty put out too. But I probably wouldn't do anything about it. Or maybe mention to the manager that you had told them in confidence etc and how upset it has made you etc.
Supermummy wrote:
Huh?! How come you couldn't work with under 2s once you found out you were pregnant?!

But as for your question, I would be pretty put out too. But I probably wouldn't do anything about it. Or maybe mention to the manager that you had told them in confidence etc and how upset it has made you etc.

our policy is that pregnant ladies can not work with under 2s just for the fact we can not change a poo nappy.

Gosh that's rude.
Wouldn't be talking to other parents about staff. That's not right at all.
Sammie1985 wrote:
Supermummy wrote:Huh?! How come you couldn't work with under 2s once you found out you were pregnant?!But as for your question, I would be pretty put out too. But I probably wouldn't do anything about it. Or maybe mention to the manager that you had told them in confidence etc and how upset it has made you etc.our policy is that pregnant ladies can not work with under 2s just for the fact we can not change a poo nappy.

Wow, that's weird! Lol. Sorry, never heard of that before. Nor can I figure out why you can't change poo nappies if pregnant but hey, if it's policy... Interesting tho, I wonder why that is!

Sucks when you can't keep pregnancy a secret like you want to aye! sad
I've never heard of that rule before, i mean if it's so bad then what about mums who have other young children who require nappy changes? it doesn't make sense. I worked in childcare for years and that was never a policy, we just had strict hygienic policies. Even my kids current daycare has had workers in the under 2yr rooms who were at different stages of pregnancy, they generally moved them out more because they couldn't do the extra lifting they needed not due to poo changes....

Anyway, back to the actual topic, you should just have a word to your boss and let her know that it upset you that she breached your confidentiality and being under 12 weeks you were wanting to wait until after that to announce it. Realistically you only have to tell your boss as a courtesy in case you need time off or have any pregnancy related issues like morning sickness while at work.
If she brushes it off then i would certainly go above her if there is someone, otherwise you have made her aware of her wrong-doing and maybe leave it to need to know stuff to tell her in the future.

Yes you can change nappies... It's cat poo you shouldn't go near!!! Gawd some of the misinformation at child care centres today really pees me off... The other day the head of the crèche that ds goes to said he should not be on light milk... Um... He's nearly three, current guidelines state that it is recommended for over twos to be on light milk.

I suppose I am slightly more easily irritated as I am a nurse and get annoyed when people with little to no medical qualifications try to lord it over me!
This is what I was advised when I fell pregnant with my 3rd child. I was employed as an ECT in the Kindy room of a daycare centre. Although I had older children in my room, I was still advised not to change nappies, for example younger children when we did combined play in the yard. It was the centre policy

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/workplace/business/c...

Pooey nappies aren't necessarily the problem, it's the risk of CMV from wet nappies.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I'd tell her you are disappointed she breached confidentiality!
I prob wouldn't complain though bc if its anything like my work, they will make your return to work difficult when that time comes. Sad huh sad
Sign in to follow this topic