I am a first year Nursing and Midwifery student at La Trobe University, Bundoora (Melbourne). I am passionate about pregnancy, women's health, birth, neonatal and paediatric healthcare. My course requires students to follow women throughout their pregnancy. The Continuity of Care program provides midwifery students with an opportunity to support women and their families through their pregnancy, birthing and postnatal period. These experiences are essential for student midwives to develop skills and expand their knowledge.

If you participate in this program, I will follow you through your pregnancy, attending 4 antenatal appointments, 2 post-natal appointments and also the birth, if you feel comfortable with this.

The pregnancy journey is a very personal experience for you and your loved ones. My aim is to be a familiar, friendly face to provide you and your family with ongoing support and help you achieve a positive experience. I do not replace the services of the midwives and doctors at your nominated hospital, rather I provide an extra support to you and work in conjunction with your healthcare team, to provide the best care possible for you and your baby.

If you are interested (or know of someone who might be interested) and are birthing at a Melbourne (or surrounding area) hospital, please do not hesitate to contact me: juliatoohey7@gmail.com

Thank you,
Julia