Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Loss Lock Rss

Hi. I'm so sorry for that pitiful news.
But still there are more tries possible. May those bring more success to you.
Three years ago we applied for de ivf in a well recommended center. And it took us two attempts to achieve pregnancy there. This time we're considering going to bio tex for the same procedure. But I do feel not that strength I felt years ago. I'm 40+ yo now and seems this time it'll take more attempts for me to get pregnant..
You know what, it's truly unfair when you don't know the reason for your state of things. And if noone is giving you any explanations. There must be something you should count on even when making the decision what program to choose. I believe clinics must try better with explanations and leading people through. As it pains so much to hear people saying ''they've just wanted to loom our money out..'' because we're putting much more in this process than just silly numbers. This time we're gonna book 5 attempts, the so called guaranteed success. And for the most part it's due to my age. Who knows how it'll work out, but still we're in a hurry as time is not on our side.
Wish you all the best in the world. Have my fingers crossed for you X
Laraa92 wrote:
Oh, no, honey! I feel really sad reading this. No one can understand how you feel. I hope you get over this. Don't dwell over it, too much, though. I know accidental miscarriages are hard to take. Sending lots of love for you. Remember, there is still a lot of hope. Don't give up, okay? It's all a part of life!

I've experienced such a heartbreak. We got a positive result on our third round of IUI. They were measuring small and had to be monitored with regular scans. At 8+3 we were told there was no longer a heartbeat. And they recommended a natural miscarriage, even though it would be difficult. They scheduled another scan for a couple of weeks later. They also said if we needed anything or changed our mind to get in touch. In my head, I didn't want to risk the procedures. Just in case there was any chance of a miracle. In my heart, I already knew that wasn't going to happen. So I had to let my body do what it had to.
The spotting started the next day. I decided to talk to my acupuncturist. She did accelerated the process. The spotting and pain increased over the next few days into bleeding and contractions. It was emotionally tough and painful. I'm not going to lie to you. But having to go through a mc in any way is not going to be a nice experience. I had minimal spotting over the next 3 days which then stopped. The next scan confirmed that the mc was complete..
I am so sorry to hear about your MC. I can understand that this must have been a very hard journey for you to go through. However, dont lose hope! You are indeed a very strong woman who has gone through so many things with such bravery. I would suggest that you consider other options like IVF. These have been greatly helping a lot of people. Good luck to you. I hope everything goes well.
It's great to see even more ladies who're taking the mc problem at heart..God bless all of you!
I'm coming for updates, honey, and just to know that everything's getting better for you..
There are many reasons why a miscarriage may happen. Although the cause is often not identified. If a miscarriage happens during the 1st trimester of pregnancy, it's usually caused by problems with the foetus. About 3 in every 4 miscarriages happen during this period..This statistics is very sad indeed, our tiny beans face the hugest issues during this very period of time. If a miscarriage happens after the first trimester of pregnancy, it may be the result of things like an underlying health condition in the mother.
Late miscarriages may also be caused by an infection around the baby. This usually leads to the bag of waters breaking before any pain or bleeding. Sometimes they can be caused by the neck of the womb opening too soon.
I personally like the way nhs.uk explains this. 'First trimester miscarriages are often caused by problems with the chromosomes of the foetus. Chromosome problems - Chromosomes are blocks of DNA. They contain a detailed set of instructions that control a wide range of factors, from how the cells of the body develop to what colour eyes a baby will have. Sometimes something can go wrong at the point of conception and the foetus receives too many or not enough chromosomes. The reasons for this are often unclear, but it means the foetus won't be able to develop normally, resulting in a miscarriage. This is very unlikely to recur. It doesn't necessarily mean there's any problem with you or your partner. Placental problems. The placenta is the organ linking the mother's blood supply to her baby's. If there's a problem with the development of the placenta, it can also lead to a miscarriage.
Several long-term (chronic) health conditions can increase your risk of having a miscarriage in the second trimester, especially if they’re not treated or well controlled.. Infections. Food poisoning. Medicines (Medicines that increase your risk include: misoprostol – used for conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis
retinoids – used for eczema and acne. methotrexate – used for conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) – such as ibuprofen; these are used for pain and inflammation. To be sure a medicine is safe in pregnancy, always check with your doctor, midwife or pharmacist before taking it.). Womb structure. Weakened cervix. Pcos and others..
Also found this informative~
'Misconceptions about miscarriage. An increased risk of miscarriage is not linked to:
A mother's emotional state during pregnancy, such as being stressed or depressed.
Having a shock or fright during pregnancy.
Exercise during pregnancy (Anyway, it's better to discuss with your GP or midwife what type and amount of exercise is suitable for you during pregnancy).
Lifting or straining during pregnancy.
Working during pregnancy – or work that involves sitting or standing for long periods.
Having sex during pregnancy. Travelling by air. Eating spicy food etc.
I am extremely sorry to hear about your loss. This must be an extremely difficult situation for you to cope with. Just make sure to stay confident and strong. Don't give up yet. MC can be really hard to go through. For the future make sure the clinic you are visiting is keeping the reason for MC in mind. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.
Hey, Angillika I hope you are doing well. We are also visiting the same clinic for our process. So far things are going really well.The clinic is doing a really good job. We are visiting the same clinic you have mentioned. They are so precise with the way they carry things out. What package did you opt for? We decided to go for the standard package as it really fulfilled all our requirements. I really liked how within the package accommodation facilities were available as well. we further opted for the guarantee program as well. Hoping that it will provide us with the guarantee that things will work out. things are going very smooth now. The doctors are doing everything that is in their capability to ensure that things will work out. I hope everyone is able to conceive. It is a rough journey but one has to be strong.
Sign in to follow this topic