Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Lost Friendship Rss

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone has lost a friendship just because you were pregnant?
This person has kids already but had been sort of trying for awhile, when I got pregnant.
At the beginning they were happy for me but the further into the pregnancy the more this person pulled away. Till it got to the point that this person was avoiding me (bit hard when we have kids in the same class)
Since having Bub they still avoiding me.
This has hurt me, but not sure how to move on, since it seems like they don’t want a friendship anymore.
Hey, I hope you are doing well. Firstly, congratulations on getting pregnant. I hope everything went smoothly. As someone who is infertile and has been trying for a very long time, I do get her side. Women who have been TTC for a while they go through a phase of infertility jealousy. This doesn't mean that they are jealous of people who are pregnant but its just that they feel sad about their own situation. It isn't really easy for them. I would suggest that since they are avoiding you, you should talk to them. Many people on this journey get sad and depressed and they really want to talk to someone. So it would be great if you would just spend some time with them. Help them find a solution for their problem. Suggest them to visit a doctor and start with a possible treatment. Research with them and make them feel as if they are not alone. Don't end a friendship just like that. I hope you'll understand.
I will say that such things shouldn't happen in a friendship, the man is totally responsible for this. However, I see that men are naturally a little different than what women think of.

A broken or broken-like relationship can be normalized by passing time, talking with and understanding each other.

https://mattressme.co.uk/

It is very common. It must have hurt her to see you pregnant when she couldn't. It's hard for everyone. At time point, you should try and be there for her. She is obviously struggling. It would be nice if you take her to the doctor to see what the problem is a find a proper solution for it. What else are friends for? She needs you the most now.
I completely understand how all this might feel. Still I think you have to let it go. This choice is purely hers. You cannot influence the decision right now. She must be having some hard times currently. Probably, just like others, she didn't expect this would happen to her and that she could fall prego again with no trouble. It's really hard to undestand what might be going on in her head now. And if she avoids you now, this doesn't necessarily mean she'll in future after she finally falls prego herself. Maybe this is the way she protects herself from feeling bad/jealous. Try to give her some time to evaluate things. Believe me, if she does value your friendship, everything will get to its place later. You have to be understanding and supportive, though you feel like you've been neglected. The most important thing for you now is your little one inside. Take good care of yourself. Rest well, eat well. Enjoy every day of your pregnancy. And all the rest of things will definitely get better. All the very best to both of you x
Sign in to follow this topic