Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

coping with infertility Rss

Hi there, Cathy. I know how you feel, mate. It really is upsetting to see people suffer in the hands of infertility. This is mainly because people give up easily. They don't fight it. They don't look for ways out of this misery. There is a lack of awareness about assisted conception and methods like surrogacy. Which is why people tend to fail before infertility. I'm glad that you opted for a surrogacy procedure. It is a beautiful process through which you get a biological child. Infertile couples should know about it and how it is trending throughout the world. I myself guide people about it. Anyway, I wish you a good life, mate. Stay Blessed! Much love.
Unfortunately, infertility is definitely incurable. I even felt like even if I were lucky to come out on the other side of IVF, I would still always feel anxiety and stress related to it...Going through IVF treatments is incredibly stressful and time consuming. With that said, you should make sure not to let yourself get dragged down by treatments in haste. Otherwise the negativity will wear you down. Take time needed. The reality is, making the right decision might be your only chance to experience life with a newborn.. Don't let that pass you by because you are wrapped up in something that you do not have any control over. Right now, you have control over that beautiful baby that you recently gave birth to. And you owe it to yourself to enjoy every minute of it. As hard as it is, a calm and optimistic demeanor would be more beneficial to whole family. All of these things are easier said than done, I know, but it will make trying another fertility option more bearable and easier to deal with in the long run. Do self educate well. Have supportive people around you. Prepare the best before even making the call to the clinic.
Sending all peaceful thoughts to you... smile
It's a tough decision to make and definitely one you should feel comfortable with. I'm a very private person by nature and feel that the less people know, the better off I am. At first, I didn't tell anyone and laughed off the baby questions. When things got tougher and we were referred to an RE, I felt like it was my fault as well. I held it in for a while and then decided to tell a friend who also struggled. It felt good to open up and educate her on what I went through. She got pregnant naturally after a m/c. But she still understood the pain behind constant unsuccessful trying. When I told my best friend, it seemed like she understood, but she didn't really understand. She got pregnant with both of her kids without any issues. When I talked about my issues, she asks questions but doesn't probe further. My mom knows as well, but my in-laws don't. I feel like they stopped asking and just realized something must be wrong since we aren't having kids yet. They don't ask though and I'm happy for that. I feel like I will eventually share with them. But only when this works and once I get pregnant. DH wanted to be open with them from the beginning. But I asked him to keep this between us, my 2 close gf's and my mom for now until the time is right. At the end of it all, no one can understand the way you're feeling this..
C_Lains wrote:
Unfortunately, infertility is definitely incurable. I even felt like even if I were lucky to come out on the other side of IVF, I would still always feel anxiety and stress related to it...Going through IVF treatments is incredibly stressful and time consuming. With that said, you should make sure not to let yourself get dragged down by treatments in haste. Otherwise the negativity will wear you down. Take time needed. The reality is, making the right decision might be your only chance to experience life with a newborn.. Don't let that pass you by because you are wrapped up in something that you do not have any control over. Right now, you have control over that beautiful baby that you recently gave birth to. And you owe it to yourself to enjoy every minute of it. As hard as it is, a calm and optimistic demeanor would be more beneficial to whole family. All of these things are easier said than done, I know, but it will make trying another fertility option more bearable and easier to deal with in the long run. Do self educate well. Have supportive people around you. Prepare the best before even making the call to the clinic.
Sending all peaceful thoughts to you... smile

I am not so much open about our struggles. It took me awhile to get here. And only closest people know what we are going through. It's a personal choice though! I am in general a pretty extroverted person. A lot of people were asking me when we were going to have a baby, which is a question I find extremely offensive. So I just told them that we are having trouble (sometimes in a snarky way. bc I'm a little bit of a B and i want them to know they are being rude). I've posted quite a lot, because I think people who aren't struggling with it need to know how to be sensitive to the fact that a lot of people suffer from infertility. I'm personally glad I am more or less open about it bc I have a TON of support and positive vibes coming my way which I feel can only help. I've also reconnected with some people I may have lost touch with who are going through the same thing and have been a good support to those people which makes me feel good! The only downside is that sometimes people ask me about how things are going when it's not a good time to ask (like right after a negative beta) but I've kinda made it clear to those people that it is a subject that should only be brought up by me. Anyway, we're going down our trip - mitochondria donation +IVF. Praying for this time xoxo
Hi, I'm sorry you've found yourself in the situation like this. I thought this might help. This is what it's gonna be expected when applying or IVF at the 1st time.
You will define the date for initial consultation. And they will send you the list of the required documents. These might be transvaginal ultrasound check results. Breast ultrasound check results (If you're under 40 yo and have never had any breast problems). Chest X-ray (for both you and your partner). Doctor's certificate that you are healthy enough to carry out a baby and that pregnancy is not prohibited for you. Than the initial consultation itself. You both come to the clinic to undergo the required tests (blood tests for both, pap smear, sperm count). The doctor will study medical records, perform transvaginal ultrasound check and evaluate your chances to successfully accomplish the program. He'll explain you the treatment plan. Also you'll find out about the medications needed for your subsequent stimulation protocol. You'll have the agreements signed.
Seems that's all for the initial steps. Good luck!
It took us years to achieve the aim. We can't count on guarantees, but on being taken care of well. This is what we never had with our previous clinic and it's frustrating! Things changed completely when we applied for treatment in biotex.
I'm so tired about reading all those posts on forums like 'they design people' or 'how could you vote for bio'robots creation..' and all the other dreadful things I just can't stand. No one has right to judge us - people struggling for their little beings. It took us years of sufferings to get to this particular de ivf point. (16 months with multiple miscarriages. One ectopic leading to one ovary removal. 2 shots oe ivf with no luck. And finally – ivf with de). Is it too little to pay for not reading a single word about 'genetic engineering'??! I guess this is our personal right to choose the way we want. Whether to have our babies genetically related or not. Noone can judge. Noone who's never been in the similar position.?
C_Lains wrote:
Hi, I'm sorry you've found yourself in the situation like this. I thought this might help. This is what it's gonna be expected when applying or IVF at the 1st time.
You will define the date for initial consultation. And they will send you the list of the required documents. These might be transvaginal ultrasound check results. Breast ultrasound check results (If you're under 40 yo and have never had any breast problems). Chest X-ray (for both you and your partner). Doctor's certificate that you are healthy enough to carry out a baby and that pregnancy is not prohibited for you. Than the initial consultation itself. You both come to the clinic to undergo the required tests (blood tests for both, pap smear, sperm count). The doctor will study medical records, perform transvaginal ultrasound check and evaluate your chances to successfully accomplish the program. He'll explain you the treatment plan. Also you'll find out about the medications needed for your subsequent stimulation protocol. You'll have the agreements signed.
Seems that's all for the initial steps. Good luck!

Impressions with a fertility clinic may be different. A lady posted on some forum: 'Waiting apprehensively for our first appointment at the centre that boasts the best live-birth rate in the country, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Where were the bright white coats etc etc, the designer furniture, the reassuring smiles and the cups of tea? Instead, we were greeted by a dingy waiting-room packed to the rafters with grim-faced patients, and a reception area littered with files and manned by harried-looking staff. No one talked in the waiting area; the only noise was the whirring of the credit-card machine next door. Most people had come armed with books or laptops. It was clear that they expected to be there for some time...' This is approximately what we experienced with the previous clinic before switched to biotex com. Lucky we were to forget the horror once making the step inside the clinic. Completely vice versa! We were amazed with that how they treat couples who seemed to be arriving again and again. We liked the process we had with them. No word of regret but respect.?
Infertility is a global problem for every fifth family..This is horrifying. If it’s possible, infertile woman undergoes synchronization phase with her treatments. She takes strong hormonal medications. Then goes through a painful puncture procedure, in order to extract own eggs for ivf. Surrogate mothers are women who are worthy of respect and infinite gratitude. They give new life. They make infertile people happy sometimes risking their own health. To me it's absolutely ok that surrogate mothers get paid. In modern world almost all services are paid. One person provides a service/help, the other one pays for it. I believe in spite of vigorous resistance and resentment by some society representatives, surrogacy in the nearest future will be the same procedure as going to the dentist. As our society is constantly developing, and the world moves forward..Furthermore, in many cases surrogacy becomes the only viable option for infertile couples to have kids. No one has the right to judge them and the methods they are using to have desired kids.
I was a youngie of 36 when faced IVF. And I've got only one ovary along with POF. Dr told us my amh level was/is quite low - 4 only. I already had a 2,7 yo kid conceived naturally. (Which makes things even more strange!) We've already tried taking supplements, acupuncture and some life changes. (I mean getting enough sleep, active rest, no the tiniest amount of alcohol, no cigarettes - nothing of this kind). But actually this made no changes to conceiving with #2. I can't find the right words for this, but it really bothered/bothers me, because our #1 was conceived unexpectedly easily and fast. And with #2 we've got these troubles..I was devastated and felt guilty for the myself with the issues. I've never thought I'd face this on day, really, lads. On the whole this is our 19th month of unsuccessful ttc leading us to egg donation route. ( As dr sees no point in using own egg at all). Well we all know about the benefits of using donor eggs with ivf. But in practice this procedure seems not that easy. And for the most part from emotional part. This usually takes time to get there. (You have to use another woman's eggs and there is nothing to do about it - would seem clear and easy. But NEVER is! I'm so tired of imagining my dh involved with a woman in making OUR baby!! Oh, gosh, that's so madly tough!!) One thing is for sure, It took us, me actually months to accept the idea of egg donation. Moreover we decided to take this route with overseas biotexcom clinic which has high success rates (And more affordable prices than at home). My dh is a rock of support for me and I'm very thankful for this. I'm trying to browse the internet forums in order to find ladies with similar stroies for mutual support. Though that's not that easy. There are many strange people on boards wishing you not the best I'm afraid. Other ones are just superb to talk to and share worries. 
Ah, another thing I forgot to mention. I have an idential twin sister. She has 2 children. And she won't have more because her dh has had a vasectomy. So once we were considering using her eggs. (My sister is 39 years young). But this thought was even more disasterous for me, as it turned out to be. So we decided to move on with donor egg.
I can understand your stance. It's not that easy for everyone. Every person has a different way of dealing with the grief. I can understand their reasons. It's important to tell those people that they have our support. Sooner or later, they are ready to move on. Assisted conception is a good option, too.
Hey there, dear. I know how you feel. It really is upsetting to see people suffer in the hands of infertility. This is mainly because people give up easily. They don't fight it. The fact that infertility progresses every year does not mean that it cannot be overcome. Medical science does not stand still either! Sometimes the only right choice for a couple is to opt for a surrogacy program.

Good luck to you. Sending you lots of prayers!

Best wishes, World Center of Baby
https://www.worldcenterofbaby.com

Sign in to follow this topic