Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

decided Lock Rss

Hi guys. How are you all doing? I have finally made my decision. At first, I was really confused. I was thinking to apply for surrogacy again, but I thought it might be too early. My son is only a year old now. But I think I'll just go for it now. I'm going to call my clinic tomorrow. Wish me luck.
This is an amazing decision. I think you have made the right decision. I have seen people who give gap and who have children soon. Both have their perks and down sides. Do keep us posted. I wish all the best to you. Hopefully, everything will be great.
C_Lains wrote:
Good luck, honey! It's nice you already have adorable DS. And that you're going to have a sibling for him =) May Lord bless you on this path. You've mentioned you're going to apply for surrogacy treatment. Let me ask you, where are you from? and are you going to pass the plan in the home area? If no, then what's the top country on your list?? Hope to hear from you soon and good luck for your coming consultation.

Hey. Thanks for this. I can't go for it in my country as it is quite expensive here. I need to stick to my budget. I'll be going to Ukraine for it. I went there back when I was having my first son through surrogacy. My first experience with them was great and they have gained my trust. So I don't think there's a better place to go to than this one.
Nathalie34 wrote:
This is an amazing decision. I think you have made the right decision. I have seen people who give gap and who have children soon. Both have their perks and down sides. Do keep us posted. I wish all the best to you. Hopefully, everything will be great.

Hello! Thank you for the wishes. I really appreciate that. I was thinking to wait a while too. But I don't want my eggs to go bad. And my son needs a sibling too. So we have decided to go for it without giving this another thought. I hope it goes well for us. Remember us in your prayers.
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Nathalie34 wrote:
Hello! Thank you for the wishes. I really appreciate that. I was thinking to wait a while too. But I don't want my eggs to go bad. And my son needs a sibling too. So we have decided to go for it without giving this another thought. I hope it goes well for us. Remember us in your prayers.

This sounds like an amazing thing to do. I know I a worried about my eggs too. Though I have two kids. I am thinking of having a third one. But this time it has to be through a surrogate, as I can no longer have my own children. It is such a long story. But I am so happy for you.
Cathy, I think that is a really good decision. I think it is important to take such decisions. I remember you were very scared to make this decision earlier on. However, I am glad you were able to move past your comfort zone. The clinic that you are planning to visit helped you have you your first one I am sure will help you with the second one as well. I am visiting them for my process as well. The experience is going really well. The services they have been providing us have been helping us in so many ways. The best part about them was that they were providing us with accommodation facilities, something other clinics were lacking. For us the major issue was financial constraints however, they had a standard package which really was the best package for us. We dont have to make the payment all at once which is again great. The staff and the doctor's everyone is so nice and accommodating! They make sure that all our needs are being catered to. I am really excited for the final stages. Hoping for the best.
Monikadavid399 wrote:
Cathy, I think that is a really good decision. I think it is important to take such decisions. I remember you were very scared to make this decision earlier on. However, I am glad you were able to move past your comfort zone. The clinic that you are planning to visit helped you have you your first one I am sure will help you with the second one as well. I am visiting them for my process as well. The experience is going really well. The services they have been providing us have been helping us in so many ways. The best part about them was that they were providing us with accommodation facilities, something other clinics were lacking. For us the major issue was financial constraints however, they had a standard package which really was the best package for us. We don't have to make the payment all at once which is again great. The staff and the doctor's everyone is so nice and accommodating! They make sure that all our needs are being catered to. I am really excited for the final stages. Hoping for the best.

Hi, Monika. Thank you so much for your kind words. Your support means the world to me. I have given this a lot of thought. I couldn't help but think it was too early for me. But I want another kid, that's for sure. So now I'm just gonna go for it. Delaying it wouldn't help me. I have already contacted my clinic regarding this. I'm planning to meet them in London this month. They are hosting an event there soon. I got to know that they are going to be open for initial consultation at the event. I don't want to miss the opportunity. I hope it goes well. We need your prayers.
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Monikadavid399 wrote:
Cathy, I think that is a really good decision. I think it is important to take such decisions. I remember you were very scared to make this decision earlier on. However, I am glad you were able to move past your comfort zone. The clinic that you are planning to visit helped you have you your first one I am sure will help you with the second one as well. I am visiting them for my process as well. The experience is going really well. The services they have been providing us have been helping us in so many ways. The best part about them was that they were providing us with accommodation facilities, something other clinics were lacking. For us the major issue was financial constraints however, they had a standard package which really was the best package for us. We don't have to make the payment all at once which is again great. The staff and the doctor's everyone is so nice and accommodating! They make sure that all our needs are being catered to. I am really excited for the final stages. Hoping for the best.

Hi, Monika. Thank you so much for your kind words. Your support means the world to me. I have given this a lot of thought. I couldn't help but think it was too early for me. But I want another kid, that's for sure. So now I'm just gonna go for it. Delaying it wouldn't help me. I have already contacted my clinic regarding this. I'm planning to meet them in London this month. They are hosting an event there soon. I got to know that they are going to be open for initial consultation at the event. I don't want to miss the opportunity. I hope it goes well. We need your prayers.

All my prayers are with you. Oh, they are coming to London? I didn't know about this! I think this is a great opportunity for you. It will save a lot of your time as all your queries will be answered direct face to face. Which package are you planning to opt for? I opted for the standard package as that fulfilled all my major necessities. Also, are you going to opt for the guaranteed program or not?
Hey. Thanks a lot for all the informative comments. You have been of great help. You mentioned so many things I should know about. I will definitely keep this in mind when my procedure starts. Thanks a ton. Wish me luck.
C_Lains wrote:
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Hey. Thanks a lot for all the informative comments. You have been of great help. You mentioned so many things I should know about. I will definitely keep this in mind when my procedure starts. Thanks a ton. Wish me luck.
All the very best!! Here's what I've shared on another thread. Thought this might give you some hints. Obviously, the surrogate’s general state of health, pregnancy history and lifestyle above all. Apart from that, common aspects that every IP should take into account when choosing their gestational carrier are:
1. Diet - how willing the prospective surrogate is to follow certain guidelines as to what she should eat and what not is a crucial aspect. Remember that the diet a woman follows during pregnancy may have an impact on the unborn child’s health.
2. Interaction - while some intended parents have a preference for being fully involved in their surrogate’s life during and after pregnancy via phone calls, Skype, appointments, etc., others do not feel this need to stay in contact that much with their surrogate.
3. Invasive procedures - is your surrogate comfortable with surgery and other invasive procedures that may become necessary throughout the pregnancy, such as amniocentesis?
4. Pregnancy termination or reduction - multifetal pregnancy reduction (MFPR) is a procedure used to reduce the number of fetuses in cases of multiple births. On the other hand, pregnancy termination or embryonic arrest is another aspect to keep in mind before signing the contract. Do you and the surrogate agree on what to do if any of these issues arose?
5. If she is single - in case your surrogate is not married, another aspect to take into consideration is whether she is planning to date someone while she is carrying your baby.
6. Husband’s or partner’s opinion - conversely to the previous aspect, in case the surrogate is married or in a relationship, the opinion of her partner must be fully taken into account in order to prevent the occurrence of any problem related to paternity rights, for instance.
7. Responsiveness - during the entire process, surrogates are sent various requests from the agency/clinic. In this sense, my advice is that you look for a responsible woman; otherwise, she may not be committed to follow the schedule.
8. Support system - whether she can count on the support of her close relatives, husband/partner, friends, etc. It is essential to evaluate what will be the support system the surrogate will have during the surrogacy process - is she going to be supported by a partner, a parent, a roommate..?
Of course, intended parents may look for different characteristics in a surrogate, according to your special requirements, situation, geographic location, etc. You can share your ideas and/or concerns with your clinic in order to select that surrogate that best fits your needs. Wishing you the best on your road ahead!!

Hey. How have you been? I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am to you. I love how you always read my posts and do everything you can to help me out here. All this information you provided here is sooo helpful. Thanks for telling me all about surrogacy. I will keep these things in mind.
Hi there, Cathy. I'm very well and I hope you're doing well too. I'd like to wish you good luck on this journey to have a second child. I and my husband had both of our children through surrogacy too. When Alex turned one, we decided to start our surrogacy journey again. As this process requires a lot of time and patience. You've been through a surrogacy process before so you must know how the drill works. If you're going to the same clinic you had your first child from, then it would be very easy for you to carry out the procedure again. But if you're planning to try some other clinic, then I'd advise you to do detailed research first. I've been hearing a lot of stories nowadays which are upsetting. So, be careful! Many ladies have posted so many useful comments here. These will surely be helpful for you. Lots of prayers for you, dear. All the best!
Hi there, Cathy. I'm very well and I hope you're doing well too. I'd like to wish you good luck on this journey to have a second child. I and my husband had both of our children through surrogacy too. When Alex turned one, we decided to start our surrogacy journey again. As this process requires a lot of time and patience. You've been through a surrogacy process before so you must know how the drill works. If you're going to the same clinic you had your first child from, then it would be very easy for you to carry out the procedure again. But if you're planning to try some other clinic, then I'd advise you to do detailed research first. I've been hearing a lot of stories nowadays which are upsetting. So, be careful! Many ladies have posted so many useful comments here. These will surely be helpful for you. Lots of prayers for you, dear. All the best!
Sign in to follow this topic