Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

decided Rss

I'm sorry for the whole situation, but banned in many parts of the world, commercial surrogacy is available in only few countries. also roughly in 14 states in the US. But the cost is more than most parents can afford.  The fact that surrogacy often takes several attempts is a financial consideration. Whether using a US clinic or one abroad, most couples choosing surrogacy as their choice for procreation can see multiple rounds of IVF fail before a surrogate successfully becoming pregnant. Gestational surrogacy makes it possible to harvest eggs from the mother, fertilize them with sperm from the father, and place the embryo into the uterus of a gestational surrogate. The surrogate then carries the baby until birth. She has no genetic ties to the child. That's because it wasn't her egg that was used. A gestational surrogate is called the "birth mother." The biological mother, though, is still the woman whose egg was fertilized.
Now the number of those desiring to recourse to the surrogate motherhood is growing. Married couples who can not have children on their own, go in search of surrogate mothers in other countries, where their interests are protected by law. For many families this way is the only chance to have their own child!
Monikadavid399 wrote:
I am visiting the clinic for my process. They are doing an exceptional job! We opted for the standard package. We even signed up for the guarantee program which will ensure that things work out for us. I am really hoping that things work for us. The clinic is trying their utmost best. The doctors are highly professional. The staff is also well educated. The equipment that is being used is also very modern. So overall looking at the environment it makes me happy that we decided to opt for them. They are doing a really good job. There are so many other foreign fellows that are visiting them alongside me. We all are always talking about the clinic and the great services. Such types of clinics are very rare to find. I hope that my process is a success.

Let me wish you all the best of luck!
Surrogate mothers are women who are worthy of respect and infinite gratitude. They give new life. They make infertile people happy sometimes risking their own health. To me it's absolutely ok that surrogate mothers get paid. In modern world almost all services are paid. One person provides a service/help, the other one pays for it. I believe in spite of vigorous resistance and resentment by some society representatives, surrogacy in the nearest future will be the same procedure as going to the dentist. As our society is constantly developing, and the world moves forward..Furthermore, in many cases surrogacy becomes the only viable option for infertile couples to have kids. No one has the right to judge them and the methods they are using to have desired kids. A lot of couples choose to undergo surrogacy in Ukraine. No wonder. This country has an extremelly favourable law. And what's on the top, is that IP are considered to be the only legal parents of the baby from the moment of conception!
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Hi guys. How are you all doing? I have finally made my decision. At first, I was really confused. I was thinking to apply for surrogacy again, but I thought it might be too early. My son is only a year old now. But I think I'll just go for it now. I'm going to call my clinic tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Hi, I'm with you absolutely! Ukraine is a perfect destination for infertility treatments, surrogacy in particular. Firstly, it's more affordable comparing to the US and the UK options for example. Costs may vary from 32k to 50k comparing to those in the US up to 150k!! On the whole, surrogacy costs will largely depend on two factors. The first is the cost of living in the selected country, which greatly influences the surrogate’s compensation. For example, while surrogates in the Ukraine receive less than half the net pay as American surrogates, their real compensation equals about the same as American surrogates when adjusted for cost of living.The second factor is cost of medical care, which is exceptionally high in the United States but is relatively cheap for the same level of care in clinics overseas. American clinics are often touted as the best worldwide, but success rates at quality IVF clinics in Ukraine or Mexico are similar. Meanwhile the cost of an IVF procedure in the US is about 35k, while overseas the same procedure costs about 6k. For surrogacy programs in Ukraine, payments are usually divided into relatively equal, manageable phases. By managing the pace of the program, future parents can also manage when payments come due.
Most Ukrainian clinics consult with future parents at no charge until they are confident to move forward. It’s the agent’s first task to help you decide if surrogacy is the best solution for you. (As in some cases it may not be.) If an agent attempts to sell you a program without first reviewing your situation in depth and reviewing all opportunities and inherent risks, that should be an immediate red flag!! Remember! The primary role of the clinic is to help you reduce your total surrogacy costs while improving your chance of success. Biotexcom for example invented all-inclusive packages which cover everything outside the plane tickets. (We're currently passing ivf with donor egg with the clinic). This includes the following. 
Professional consultation. Agency fee. When you decide to start the procedure and want to make specific plans for your procedure, the agency fee is due. It is paid only once. (Typical services provided by your agency fee: liaising with the surrogate, the clinic, the egg door agency, and other service providers.) Administration fees for the donor and surrogate. This fee is typically paid when the parents are ready to choose an egg donor or surrogate. The payment covers the cost of evaluating and initially preparing your surrogate. At that time a series of fertility tests, medical evaluations, psychological test, legal background check, and more are performed. Surrogates must pass each step before she is assigned to a couple. Initial clinical start-up fees. It also is a financial commitment to the clinic that you will follow through on the surrogacy procedure. It is due when parents schedule their initial visit to the clinic to leave their sperm sample, or when they engage with the clinic to plan their egg donation. Surrogate compensation. (In the US the local laws often demand that entire surrogate compensation is paid up-front into an escrow account. Payments are then released to the surrogate each month during the pregnancy. In this case there is typically a very large initial payment once the surrogate has been selected and signed. But this is balanced by very small payments made during the pregnancy itself.) In overseas programs the surrogate compensation is typically paid month-by-month during the pregnancy. IVF procedure and embryo transfer: This fee pays for the egg donation, IVF procedure, and first embryo transfer. Different clinics and agencies will treat the cost of medication differently. At Biotexcom a well-managed program includes the cost of the medication in the original budget. (In other cases the cost of meds is added on as an extra expense!!). Prenatal care. In the US payment for prenatal care begins when the surrogate is confirmed pregnant. This pays for the surrogate’s housing and prenatal exams, ultrasounds, and personal oversight (including housekeeping, travel, clothing allowance, etc.) These payments are not refundable, so the cost of prenatal care is generally separated into installments. If for some reason the pregnancy terminates, future installments are not needed, but the intended parents will lose any payments made to that point. Payment can be made every month, or every trimester of the pregnancy. But this is not the question with Ukrainian clinics. Yet one step included into the package price. Delivery and recovery. This payment covers the cost of the delivery of the baby and the post-natal care of the surrogate. In some programs the surrogate’s final compensation is withheld until after the delivery to ensure she continues to be available during the bureaucratic process of apply for citizenship, passports and the return home of the baby. Finally, bureaucracy and the return home. Biotexcom has a greater portion of the paperwork needed to register the baby’s birth and start the process of establishing the baby’s citizenship. That often includes the birth certificate, copies of the surrogacy contract, and hospital records of the birth.
But the most important thing one should be aware of is a country's legislation..
So will add here as for the legislation base concerning surrogacy in case one chooses Ukraine. 
What also bothers with the US law is that in some states surrogate mothers retain a parental right to the child. She can even pursue custody!! Even though the embryos placed in the surrogate have both of your DNA, the surrogate mother’s name is on the birth certificate! And then you have to go through the process of adopting the baby in court! One of the biggest factors is also time. All of the legal paperwork, signing a contract, matching a surrogate, having the surrogate go through the work-up, and so on, and next thing you know..It’s been a year or two since you started the process! One additional fact is that a couple can pay the surrogate directly. This assures that they are being paid well for their efforts and aren’t abused by the agency. As far as I know, the average monthly income for Ukraine is around $200. So I believe the compensation can make better changes into their lives. Many ladies here will say it's immoral to offer being a surrogate for money. But here I won't agree. Ladies should be compensated for that they are going through as it's done in a cough. Coming back to Ukrainian legislation favourable for intended parents. In Ukraine the baby is yours from the moment conceived!! A surrogate has no rights to hold your baby after delivery. So keeping babies by surrogates after they are born is just out of the question. Which does set one's mind in peace. Again in the UK for example, the woman who gives birth is always treated as the mother in UK law and has the right to keep the child. Even if they’re not genetically related. However, parenthood can be transferred by parental order or adoption. Also surrogacy contracts aren’t enforced by UK law. (Even if you’ve a signed deal with your surrogate and have paid for her expenses!)It’s illegal to pay a surrogate in the UK, except for their reasonable expenses. As for father’s rights. The child’s legal father or ‘second parent’ will be the surrogate’s husband or partner unless: legal rights are given to someone else through a parental order or adoption. Or the surrogate’s husband or civil partner didn’t give their permission to their wife or partner.(If your surrogate has no partner, or they’re unmarried and not in a civil partnership, the child will have no legal father or second parent unless the partner actively consents.) This all is really terrifying for me! 
That's why I'm pointing at so many obvious reasons to consider Ukrainian surrogacy route. I really hope it took some time for me not in vain. And this info will be helpful to someone seeking answers. Just too many things to consider, guys, be aware with the choice!
Sign in to follow this topic