Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

What does a "Show" look like???? Rss

Hi,

Just curious what I should look out for regarding the "Show". (one friend says its like pink jelly)
I am 38 weeks on Wednesday and am unsure wat it will look like, and will it come out when I go to toilet or will I find it in my underwear?
Sorry if dumb question.

Emma

Emma, WA (Madyson Paige Elizabeth Born 9/6/06)

Its not a dumb question!

I was unsure too when I had my first child. I went into labour about 4:00 in the afternoon and still hadnt passed the show. At about 5:30 I had to go to the toilet (I was in hospital at this point) and I did my business on the toilet and went to wipe myself and to my shock I had blood all over the toilet paper, like an extremly heavy period. (Sorry if its sounds yuk) I yelled for my husband because I was scared something was wrong and he got a widwife. She came into the toilet and said it was just my show. I always though it was just like what you said 'pink jelly' and I got a big shock when I saw all the blood.

I suppose it can vary for many women.

Good luck with your bub!!!!

Lydia, mum to beautiful april + girl due 16th sept

Hi Emma, I had my show about a week or so before actually going into labour. Mine was a gloopy jelly like blob with a pinkish tinge, maybe the size of a 10c piece.

Mandy, and baby Ava May (born 02.03.06), Adelaide

Hi Emma

I lost my "Show at 32 weeks 6 hours before Haley was born and it was a jelly like substance with a pink tinge too.

You will most likely see it when you go to the toilet too.

When you are having a baby, there are no Dumb Questions smile

Best wishes Honey

Haleys_Mum

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Hey Emma

Your due the same day as me.Any luck yet? I havent had my show yet and no contractions yet either. But im hoping something will happen soon. Please keep in touch and let me know how you go. My email is tasha_lola@yahoo.com.au.

Where abouts is WA are you? Weve got family over there.

All the best to you.

1st baby due 31/05/06

Natasha, NSW, Joshua 04/06/06 Lucas 06/12/07

Sign in to follow this topic