Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. When are you supposed to first visit hospital?

When are you supposed to first visit hospital? Rss

Dear Stephanie

Please try and be careful what you write. You may hurt a persons feelings who is actually a very nice and sincerely wonderful caring person.
Michelle has been nothing but nice.

We all know we are here for each other. Why else would we be on this site?

For some reason this forum has become very negative lately? Can we all make an effort to stop this?

mum of 3

Hello Michelle,

Stephanie and I email each other. She was the first person to respond to my post when I first discovered this forum and she'd left her email address for me to write if I felt like it (which I did). I read her post here and really didn't get it. Sarcasm? Praise? Rudeness? Whatever. The emails have been short but pleasant...........I don't get it. I'm not going to comment further as it's really not worth it and I'm not exactly sure of what kind of message she was trying to portray. I think she is above being offended by two people personally communicating with one another through the forum. And in any case, we have more urgent matters to discuss and I will not waste any more of my time on petty issues. You certainly are a nice and caring person but you should know never to apologise unless you know you are in the wrong.

Look forward to next time. Big hugs to you and Maddy and all the other mums and pregnant women taking part in this wonderful forum which allows women to help each other and give advice.

Love,

Super.

P.S- Let's keep on building that repore Michelle!

bubsy32

Dear Michelle,

Don't be crazy, you most certainly haven't scared me off. This is what our letter writing is about, airing our problems and trying to help each other out. Sounds like you are going through a rough patch at the moment. You have broken my heart telling me about the parents passing away. I know it wasn't your intention but you did. To lose both your mother and father within nine years is something I can't even begin to imagine or relate to. Here I am worrying about my parents taking over and you don't even have any. Maybe I should take a step back and rethink things. Guess I'm pretty lucky really and I should appreciate what I have instead of acting like a spoilt brat.
Another thing I couldn't understand is not loving your own baby. Bugger work. I understand post natal depression but when it's not that, then what is it? She sounds a bit disturbed, what can I say? Hopefully she'll wake up and realise that babies need their family. Maybe I'll understand her point after I have my own, then again, maybe I'll still not be able to understand how you wouldn't want the best for your child.
Don't worry, i think I can tell you personally that you are not heartless. It's your second baby, unfortunately i don't think anybody ever gets excited about a second baby. I know my parents won't. I can tell you now, the limelight was taken off me when they heard about their first grandchild a few months prior (not that I mind...well...just an incy wincy little bit). The main thing is that you are excited, your partner is excited and your friends are excited. Tell the in laws (or out laws, as I like to call them) your news without expecting much of a reaction, particularly with what is going on at the moment. If you leave it much longer, they might not like it. It's going to take a while for Justin's mother to feel better so you may as well tell them now.
Hope I have helped, if only a little.

Kisses to you and Maddy. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lotsa Love,

Super.xxoo.

bubsy32

I have re read my post a million times and am agast that it was taken to be mean. Like super I was very upset by your sad post about your parents and wanted to give you a big hug.

I haven't noticed that the site had become negative if it has thats a shame cos its such a great place. Be a pity to spoil it with misunderstandings

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi,

I can see what has happened here!!

Steph, it does sound like you are saying we are here ONLY for super.

I am sure now all has been explained, things will be fine!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hiya Tepe

That doesn't make sense to me but I'll take your word for it smile As I met my hubby on the internet and we communicated pretty much solely by email I know these misunderstandings happen alot smile

Did you read my post about your baby shower?

My sincere apologies Stephanie

mum of 3

thats ok smile

Well if you can all find it in your hearts to forgive a pregnant emotional fool...

I will explain the situation to all those who are concerned...

I am a full time stay at home mum, most of you who have responded know me fairly well by now. I have really enjoyed comunicating with other mum's here in this forum and via the e-mails I receive. I have enjoyed chatting with Super here at her post... and maybe I should have suggested we change over to more private e-mails... but anyway, I saw your post Stephanie and sort of took it as "We are all here for Super - not just you Michelle" Like maybe I had stepped on toes or was being smotherly to Super, and that was not my intention at all.

As I already mentioned and kind of now wish I hadn't, I don't have a mum to talk to about my daughter who is growing up so fast and about being pregnant for a second time and how insecure I am. My mother-in-law is wonderful but distracted at the moment and I can't blame her with the dramas going on there. So I reach out to other mum's for advice, friendship and comfort. I am sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying Stephanie and I feel terrible for the chain of events that have spiralled as a result. I am just a caring, open, honest person going about her own life and sharing a little of it here. I am an emotional person at the best of times, but being pregnant makes it so, so much worse. I've had a good old cry over this whole stupid thing which also unleashed all the other stuff I guess was bothering me.

To BigMama and Tepe, I thankyou for sharing my concerns. You are 2 very nice mum's who I am proud to have gotten to know via this forum. It would be a real shame if this forum became negative and nasty. And to Super, I'd love to keep chatting with you. I have really enjoyed our chats and would be sad to have it all end like this.

I was going to stop coming to the forum and not even leave this message, but you know what...

I would miss all you wonderful mum's far too much.

Michelle
Hi Super,

Just a super quick one... no pun intended. I am okay now. Just need to get my head around a few things and start thinking about myself and this baby and not all the other stuff going on. I need to focus back on me for a while. You know what? I am almost 4 months pregnant and quite shocked really, because I'm in some sort of limbo with this pregnancy. I live and do things, like move furniture without giving it a second thought. I just don't aknowledge this pregnancy as much as I write about it here. And as for all the worry about what others like my inlaws will think... it just has to stop. From now on it is just me and baby bean all the way. Plus Maddy and my wonderful supportive husband of course.

Hoping I will hear from you again soon, could do with some cheerful news from you... how is your pregnancy going dearest?

Michelle smile
Grey skies are gunna clear up...

Put on a haapy face...

smile
gotta love a pregnant emotional fool. I've been there I usedto cry in the price is right when people did or didn't win the showcase. Thank god I'm over that now gasp)

Big Hugs to YOU and EVERYONE

)))))))))HUGS FOR ALL((((((((((

Sign in to follow this topic