Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Is your partner interested? Lock Rss

Hi, we recently found out we're pregnant with number 2 & this time round I'm kinda feeling he's not interested at all in the pregnancy. After trying for almost 12 months, I thought he'd be abit more enthusiastic about finally falling pregnant, but he never mentions it unless I bring it up first & when I do, he doesn't even seem to care about what I have to say. I mentioned to him the other night that maybe he could do abit of research on supporting your partner during pregnancy & what pregnancy is all about etc just so he knows what's going on, & the response I got was "what, do you want to be constantly pampered or something?", and that was it! I just can't believe his lack of interest and sensitivity. I know we've been through it once before but he wasn't exactly "plugged-in" that time either.

Sorry for the winge but I needed to vent, lol. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any advice?

Thanks for listening!

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

[Edited on 08/05/2007]
Hi Jaidasmum,

Don't stress, my husband is a bit like that. He was so excited when we were pregnant with Robert finding out all the ins and outs, pros and cons. He had to be at every appointment with the Ob (except the last.....couldn't get the time off). This time he says he is excited but it doesn't show. I know he has told friends about it and his work mates have all heard about it, but I think he realises that we still have a long way to go. Talking names is like trying to draw blood from a stone and he didm't want to go to our first Ob appointment as he says he's seen it all before. I think it could just be a male thing!!!!

Keep smiling and hold your chin high!!

Trudie xx

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

Sign in to follow this topic