Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

raspberry leaf Rss

i am 30 weeks pregnant with my second, after having c-section for first i really want to go natural for this one so i am willing to give anything a try.
so i was wondering if there is any1 out there who has tried raspberry leaf and what they thought of it.
or any other suggestions that u may to have to bring labor on, tried cuury and walking(well nearly running when its with hubby) and sex all with my first and that still didnt get him moving so if u know of anything else let me know.
There are some old posts around somewhere under "herbal remedies" I think. Someone gave advice about starting on the reccommended 2 tabs 3 times a day and working up to 4 tabs 3 times a day.

I am 32 weeks and have been taking 2 a day for a week. So sorry I can't tell you how good they are but in a week or so I'm going to go to 3 tabs and then 4.

so hopefully in less than 8 weeks I'll have a verdict for you gasp)

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I am also interested in hearing some experiences with raspberry leaf tea, I am 30 weeks and starting them today. Also I had my first child 13 years ago, has anyone else had such big gaps between births and if so, was the second birth still easier than the first? I am 31 and looking forward to the birth but am dreading a really long drawn out experience :~ Any info out there? smile

13 yr old boy and due 14 April 04

Hi All, I took Rasberry Leaf tablets and drank the tea from 30 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter. I only heard good things about it from friends who had tried it too. I had a very easy 7 hour natural labour (lucky me!) I am not sure if it was the Rasberry Leaf or whether my body is just made for it. Rasberry Leaf is also supposed to help with your milk supply. I also have very good milk supply. Apparently the Rasberry Leaf is supposed to help with dilation of the cervix. When I eventually fall pregnant with number 2 I will use Rasberry Leaf again.
Goodluck
Rach

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

hi, I just posted a note on here about evening primrose oil, I used it when my son was overdue by one week and think it worked, have a look see what you think, let me know if it works!! its supposed to ripen the cervix ready for labour it also helps to soften it and if its softer its gotta be good right?
anyway good luck with your birth.
Its one of those things where u cant tell if bub would have come anyway or it works...
I started taking tabs and drinking the tea at about 35 or 36 weeks, and at around 37 weeks I started to rub clary sage oil (couple of drops in some olive oil) on my lower belly...bubby came at 39 weeks.
I do think that rasberry leaf helps in some way...my contractions were pretty good up until the last hour...maybe because of the r/l ripening the cervix?
Good luck!!
I have looked for raspberry leaf tea and can only find a lipton variety which is only raspbery flavouring when i checked the ingredients. where can you get proper raspberry leaf tea and tablets from?
Hey Everyone,
Raspberry tablets and tea are avilable from your health food store. I took both the tablets and the tea from 33 weeks with my third child and he was 10 days late after a 30 hour labour. So no doubt it might be an individual thing! I previously had my other two babies on, first, my due date and second, two days early. So 10 days late and two nights of full-on labour was a bit of a shock to the system. However, I am now 33 weeks pregnant with number four and not taking anything! Wish me luck - four days EARLY would be nice this time!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hiya,

I found the rasberry leaf tea in the health food section of Coles and Woolworths. It can be hard to find first time not knowing the packet, it is redish.

I drank it from about 35 wks, i think, 3-4 cups a day. I didn't need assistance from the hospital, or i didn't arrive their till 7-8cm dialated, and had a great labor.

Best of luck,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

ok so baby is here.
hes a healthy nine pounds and was delivered by cs, didnt even go into labour.
i read a heap of stuff and tried a heap of things some of those were, walking, sex, walking with one foot on the curb one on the path, pineapple, swinging on a swing, hot baths, curry, raspberry leaf, evening primrose, relaxation, and stress when we were told the chances of natural birth slim, internal exams twice, none of these helped me.
my doctor came and seen me in rcovery and told me even if i had waited another week i would still be where i was, he was sitting way too high and wouldnt have engaged.
she did talk to me about both boys heads being too big for my body, so i guess thats the way it is.
everyone i know who has had more than one cs told me they get easier, i know my recovery was a lot quicker with this one but hubby was home for four weeks to help out (do everything he was great) but as for being easier i think in some ways its harder cos second time round u got another child who needs u as well as bub. so needless to say when they told me not to lift anything heavier than my baby it went in one ear and out the other.
good luck to anyone trying to have a natural delivery second time round all the things i tried i found on the birthrites website, there was a lot more there i just wasnt to sure about some of them.
Sign in to follow this topic