Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

kicking and talking Rss

hey everyone,
Im 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby and i havnt felt any kicking yet and i was wondering if this was normal.

Every one that i have spoken to has said that they had butterfly feeling by about 16/17 weeks, but ive had nothing yet - should i be worried???

ALSO

All my friends are telling me that i should be talking to my unborn baby, does any one else do this and if so when is the best time to start???

lisa, vic, 1st baby, due march 15 2006

I myself did feel my baby doing sumersaults at about 16/17 weeks. The best way was lying down in bed (just before sleep) and putting both hands on my belly. I felt it alot better with my hands there.
There was a girl at my work who got to 20 weeks and still hadn't felt anything. If your check-ups are all good and your scan is good then I wouldn't worry, everyone is different.
As for talking to you bub, I felt a bit wierd doing it untill much later but that's just me. You can talk to your baby from day one, I'm sure it will do nothing but good. Remember that they hear your voice all the time.
Hi there,

I didn't feel my first baby move until I was 22 weeks. And I never felt those fluttering feelings. So don't be too worried. Your will feel your baby soon enough.

I never really talked to my baby. It wasn't that I didn't want to, but she could hear my voice talking to her dad and other people throughout the day. If you want to talk to your baby it's never too early to start.

Alice, Sydney, Emily 18.2.05, Sophie 7.4.06

hey thanks every one for youre replys, i felt my bubs kikking a fue days ago and i was so relived, im now 20 weeks and i found out last week that im going to have a lil girl smile
good luck to every one and once again THANKS...
xxxDEEDA357xxx

lisa, vic, 1st baby, due march 15 2006

Sign in to follow this topic