Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Can't Contain Excitement!!!!!!!!!

Can't Contain Excitement!!!!!!!!! Rss

Hi Rachelle,

Good luck with having a girl!! Not being able to see anything on the ultrasound sounds like a good sign to me that it may be a girl. If you have a boy though just think how close he and your son can be!! Have you had any strong cravings? People told me if you crave sweet things it is a girl and if you crave savory it is a boy. All old wives tales I know but the tale has been true in a number of cases I've heard.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi Jo,
I'm afraid the craving thing wouldn't be accurate for me, I crave sweet stuff all the time! I've passed through phases of both this pregnancy, and at the beginning I couldn't eat anything sweet, not even raisins without feeling really awful. I'm over that now and have been baking lots of chocolate based stuff (I told my husband it's to get rid of the weetbix, but I think he knows its more because I love chocolate crunch!). I have to say I am making the most of eating sweet stuff now as I should probably get the diabetes test done this time, and if it's positive of course I have to stop eating sweets. I don't think it will be positive, but there is always that fear.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Best of luck Rachelle and I will have my fingers, toes hands and feet crossed for you that its a little girl this time. A good sign that they couldnt tell on the ultrasound. I must admit though after having my little boy James I cant imagine what it would be like having a girl. Like where would you start wiping????? hehehe

I dont think the sweets thing is all that true as I had major cravings for chocolate and ice-cream when i was pregnant.

Sarah is a beautiful name and Ian is really sweet for a boy.

June is not so far away my baby turns 1 on the 25th of June. When is your due date????

helena- vic- ds-3.5 dd- 1

Sign in to follow this topic