Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. feeling "off" and not sure why

feeling "off" and not sure why Rss

For the last couple of weeks I have been feeling really tired and not quite "right". Even though my bub is 10 months and is sleeping better than he ever did i cannot seem to get enough sleep even if i get 10 hours! Its really weird. I am on antidepressants and for the first few months they really picked me up! now nothing works! Not even berocca!

Has anyone had these problems as well? Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Just to eliminate pregnancy i did a test. There was a really really faint line where the positive line comes up, but it was so faint you could barely see it-you have to really focus to even see the line.

Please give me some advice because all i want to do is sleep sleep and more sleep!

Clare-WA, Brodie 17.12.04, Lauren 13.12.06, Holly

Hi Clair,
You might want to redo the pregnancy test in a couple of days if your period hasn't returned a faint positive could very well be a real positive or your about to get your period.
I found out I was pregnant when my bubs was 10 months and the first symptoms were a strange taste in my mouth and tiredness also I was b/f and felt I wasn't filling up much even though I had dropped it to once in the morning.
Otherwise or also, make sure your eating right and getting plenty of water.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Hey Clare

I agree with Jeninne to do the test again. It is best to wait for three days as the the hormone that it is testing for increases really rapidly and it should be clearer. If it is still faint the doctors can do a blood test which shows pregnancy even if it really early days.

Otherwise it may be a good idea to get the doctor to do some bloods to rule out any dificiencies (sp?) in iron or other minerals and to check to see if your body is fighting anything. I had glandular fever years ago which causes fatigue. So it may just be a virus of some sort which unfortunately you can't do anything for. The other thing perhaps is to check that your medication is still the best one for you. Maybe a change will be helpful.

Good luck

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

Sign in to follow this topic