Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Spotting early on in Pregnancy

Spotting early on in Pregnancy Lock Rss

Last week I found out that I am pregnant with my second child. I'm only just 5 weeks.....

Last night I noticed some spotting (only on the toilet paper). The colour was more of a brown colour, and it lasted about an hour...and nothing until this morning again, and now nothing....

Should I be worried? and make an appointment to see my doctor or should I wait and see what happens over the next day or so?

would love to hear what people would do as I had no bleeding in my first pregnancy.
Hi,

I actually had bleeding before I knew I was pregnant with our second. I thought I had my period, I bled for 2/3 days and then it stopped which was unusual so I did a test and I was pregnant. I have a longer cycle so I would of been 5 weeks at the time. The doc said it might of been implant bleeding or just the hormone levels were a bit out of whack. My placenta was low lying so I think that the impanting down near the cervix was the cause.

I went on to have a beautiful baby girl with no more bleeding during the pregnancy.

Good Luck I hope everything goes well.

Best Wishes.

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

I had what I thought was a period but it only lasted a couple of days, about 2 weeks later I started to get other pregnancy symptoms. I am now nearly 32 weeks and have had bleeding a couple of times once at 24 weeks and again at 29 weeks. I have never had this with previous pregnancies and it is always a worry, but at all my checks baby is fine.
Hope everything goes well for you.

Nikki, Brissie, mum of 3,

Hi
I am now pregnant with my third. I had spotting/bleeding during all 3 pregnancies. All three times occured roughly when my periods would have been due for the first 3-4 months. My first pregnancy I bleed so much and it hurt, they thought I had misscariaged but had to wait two days for an internal ultrasound. I went to my doctor or rang him as Iam O neg and my boys have been O pos. So I had to have anti D injections. If you don't bleed much I would see your doctor, mine said if I was losing them there was nothing I could do but they sent me at 6 weeks and 8 weeks for ultrasounds each time to confirm the results.

Christine, WA, 3 1/2yr old, 2yr old and 4mths preg

Sign in to follow this topic