Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Maternity Bras - When and What Brand?

Maternity Bras - When and What Brand? Lock Rss

hi,
i wore a maternity bra from 3 months. like others have mentioned, you shouldnt wear underwire. i got myself fitted at myer. i bought the bendon bra, which was very comfy, looked nice and had quite supportive if you got big boobs. bras n things has a great bra that i have since discovered (now breastfeeding). it has a mould (if you know what i mean??) which gives you a fabulous shape rather than looking like you got floppy boobs! and the staff at bras n things were great for fitting and advice.
I didn't start wearing a maternity bra until after the baby was born. Anyway, Target ones are great although I found a discrepancy with the (under breast) measurement, the same size would have different lengths and some were too tight...my own fault, I never try anything on. The Berlie Barely There maternity bra is my current favourite.
When you try them on, don't just check the size, make sure they're comfortable on the inside (no scratchy bits) - nothing worse.
I bought mine from Big W for $20 but went to the bonds factory outlet on the weekend and they had really good ones for $13!!I am sure there are outlets all around.
i got some bras from kmart yest for $3!! how cheap!

Boobs don't get saggy from breastfeeding!!!!!! It's from not wearing properly fitting bras during pregnancy!!!! So go get fitted early!
I'm putting the whole maternity bra thing off.
I was wearing them from around 14 weeks with my first pregnancy and ended up not even breastfeeding. But my boobs were so big with my daughter, this time not so much.
I have really big boobs and don't honestly want to go out and be spending 60 or 70 on a bra that i may only be wearing for a couple of months.
I'm really unsure what to do.
well I don't want to sound like a cheapskate but I went a bought a pair from the secondhand shop for $2 and they are new! My boobs were huge with my last pregnancy for #1 & #2 but not so big for #3. So counting on other woman not always trying things on went to look at least and found a great fit for now. My boobs have settled in their growing so these should be fine till bubba arrives when I will then go and getted fitted properly for new ones :)They have decided to leak a bit already so hopefully they are finished with growing till then smile
natasha
If you don't want to spend a tone of money on bras try target! They have some nice comfy inexpensive strechy maternity bras! once I was fitted I went to target knowing my size. Why not go to Bras n things just to get fitted, who says once fitted you have to buy from them! I think the most I spent at target was $20.00.
If your not sure why not talk to your local health centre nurse. They are registered nurses that specalise in this field! And they are a great source of Information. If your not scheduled for an appointment ring and have a chat to them or visit one at a chemist!
I've been wearing wireless maternity since about 12 weeks, some of the time at least, though it was only a few weeks ago that I couldn't stand underwires anymore. For my size (normally 12DD) Target is pretty good, though I definitely recommend trying them on first! Some of them might be fine for some, but some of them made my boobs look very oddly shaped - but I get that whenever I shop for bras, not just since I've been pregnant. The simpler, the better, I've found. They had lacy ones that looked nice on the rack but looked terrible on. So far the maternity sports bra I got from Target for $15 on sale has been the best - and best of all, it's still only a 12DD, even though if I were wearing regular bras I'd be easily a 12F or G (the 12E I bought from BNT earlier in the pregnancy is way too small now! And it's underwire anyway, so it's out of the question, hurts too much).

Hi there, I have been wondering the same thing and checked with my midwife last week. She recomends buying fedding bras afte 36 weeks.
After reading this chain I was really suprised to find out that I shouldnt be wearing underwire, no one had mentioned it to me and im 33.5 weeks that got me a worried a bit so im now off to the shops. Thanks and good luck with your arrival.
Hi there, I have been wondering the same thing and checked with my midwife last week. She recomends buying fedding bras afte 36 weeks.
After reading this chain I was really suprised to find out that I shouldnt be wearing underwire, no one had mentioned it to me and im 33.5 weeks that got me a worried a bit so im now off to the shops. Thanks and good luck with your arrival.
Sign in to follow this topic