Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

amniosense Lock Rss

I have felt the last couple of days like i may be leaking amniotic fluid although i'm not really sure thats what it is? Ive been doing a bit of research on the internet about it and how to tell if thats what it is. I come across a site for a product called amniosense - its a pantyliner that you wear for up to 12 hours, that has a removable indicator strip. Anyway after the 12hours you remove it and place the indicator strip in a plastic box that is provided and wait 10minutes for a result - much like a pregnancy test. Then if it turns green/blue its amniotic fluid, or if it stays yellow its just urine. The website is for the U.K and says it is available at chemists. I cant find anything for Australia though. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it, or used it, or if anyone knows where i can get it? Is it in Australian chemists??

Hi Ange,

haven't heard of this, but would not be surprised that something overseas has yet to make it down-under. The quickest way to tell if you are leaking amniotic fluid would be to go down to the local emergency department for an examination. If your cervix is closed tightly then obviously nothing is leaking from your womb. I know that you feel silly running down to the hospital to have these thing checked out, but really it will put your mind at rest one way or the other. cheers

Angie, DE 15/12/05 ,TAS

Sign in to follow this topic