Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

putting on weight Lock Rss

hi im 4 and a half mnths pregnant im just wondering why i am putting on so much weight. im eating right and walking quiet abit. i dont like it. i have got bigger legs now. and it looks grose. any one got an suggestions of to keep on putting weight on
I have had a few worries about weight gain with this pregnancy as I started it 10 kgs heavier than my 'normal' weight of 60-62kgs. I am 24 weeks tomorrow and have out on about 3.5kgs and I figure thats OK, even if I put on another 10kgs in the next 16 weeks (I hope I don't) thats OK. I have been doing some reading up about weight gain in mags and books to help with my feeling a bit like a budda.

If you are eating healthy and exercising regularly there is really nothing you can do to stop putting on weight. When you read magazines they say that most of the weight comes from, baby, placenta, fluid, breast tissue and fat - the fat is neccessary as it is used up when breastfeeding. Although I proved that last one wrong and didn't lose the weight after I had DD.

Dieting is not safe in pregnancy (if you are young your body is already under more strain as it is still growing and needs even more nurients) and there is no way to stop putting on weight if you are doing all the right things.

Just think in 5 more months you will have a beautiful baby. Best Wishes.

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

Sign in to follow this topic