Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

When did you stop working? Lock Rss

Hi girls!!!
This is my 1st pregnancy & I'm just curious as to when some of you working mothers stopped working. I'm due end of Mar so was thinking of maybe taking the week before I am due off. However I was advised against this & was told I should take longer as I'll be too tired, etc. Since I've not been pregnant before I have no idea how tired I am going to be; the last thing I wanna be is bored! I work in retail, btw, so do have to be on my feet a lot but I do have breaks as I'm the manager as well! smile

Sheila, Akld NZ, baby Stephanie born 28/3/06

Hey there I was going to work right till two weeks before due date, however my 'body and baby' had VERY different plans for me!!

from 30 weeks my Blood pressure slowly increased to the point at 33 weeks It went to 180/101 So after a 'discussion' or rather a 'if u dont stop work Imma put u in hospital' talk with my midwife ahah I finished work at 34 weeks, but felt fine in myself to keep working. but I didnt fancy having six weeks to go and spending that time in hospital!

Things youll have to consider are what if this bubs comes early?? and your general health. Id try finish more like 2 /3 weeks earlier. that way u can 'account' for things happening in that time. like an early arrival.

But best of luck take care Love Kel and Kenzie xoxo

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

I was due on Dec 11, so I organised to go on maternity leave on Nov 19 - a couple of weeks before so I could have a bit of 'me time' which I knew would be few and far between after the birth.

I started to get really tired and just wanted to leave earlier, so I took two weeks holidays off for the two weeks leading up to my original date of the 19th (around the 5th Nov). My waters broke on the 16th and I was then induced on the 19th and had my son on the 20th.

So if I had done as planned, I would have had no time before the birth after all!!

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

With my first i finished at 35-36 weeks-it coincided with Christmas. I was also in retail, and on my feet 9 hours a day. I think any longer and i would have been struggling to do those hours. My partner had the next two weeks off which was great, but after that i was so bored! Everyone also told me i'd want time off, but i found it a waste. If i could have i would have organised to work part time for another couple of weeks, but my employer just wanted me gone as they knew i wasn't coming back. Take it as it comes, you might be right, you might not, you really won't know until you get there. And if you're like me and like to keep busy organise lots of stuff to do in your time off, i ended up gap filling the walls in our house!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Hi everyone, i worked in childcare while i was preagnant i with my first, full time to my due date, then izacc was 2weeks late, but i felt like working more i was so bored just waiting around, it was straining with traveling to and from work but it was fun,
hey there Sheila ... firstly congrats on your pregnancy!! I hope it is all going well for you (and that it continues to up until the end)!! I don't know what you're company's policy is regarding when you stop working whilst pregnant, but where I work they like you to stop 4-6 weeks prior to your due date!! If you work past this time, you are required to provide a medical certificate from your doctor to say that you are fit to work up until such time! With my first, I stopped work about 3 weeks before my due date ... I wanted to work longer, but we had just moved house, and it seemed an appropriate time to sit back and relax! This time around, I am starting my leave 11 days before am due! Yes, I am more tired this time around, but at work, my days fly by, so I figure since I am physically able to continue working, I may as well!! Also, my obstetrician reckons my baby is in no hurry to come out, so i'm not expecting to go early (though I hope I do)!! Lol! Hope this has helped you a bit!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

I am due on the 9th Jan with my first. I was planning on finishing work in two weeks, 16th, but my midwife has recommended I finish as early as I can, so I will be finishing up on the 9th. That gives me 4 weeks at home to do the last few things!
I work in a car dealership and am just finding it too tiring and in the last couple of days have been getting alot of swelling in my feet and ankles.

Tracey, Joshua 08/01/06

Sign in to follow this topic