Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Lightning pains! Lock Rss

Have any of you ladies experienced the stabbing, shooting lightning pains low down in your pelvis??? Feels like u r being stabbed they only last 4 a split second but they can take your breath away. What is this??? Is this the cervics opening?? I am having it a lot lately and it is quite painful. I also find when I am having these pains the baby is very active. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mumma of 3.

I had some of these early in my pregnancy, they quite literally stopped me in my tracks and had me puffing and panting. I thought I was in pre-term labour or something. They told me, it was ligaments stretching to accomodate the baby and to get ready for the whole birth thing. This happened to me, around 4 months, but it can happen at any time. So this might be what is happening to you. I do not think you can feel the cervix opening, because if you think about it, you can have regular strong contractions, yet not dilate or dilate very slowly. An other thing it could be, is that thing they call "symphis pubis", this is where the ligaments and muscles have gotten so stretched and loose, it can be extremely painful to walk. Something to think about anyway. cheers

Angie, DE 15/12/05 ,TAS

Sign in to follow this topic