Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Feelings about pregnancy Lock Rss

Does anyone sometimes feel like there pregnancie is unreal to them? Some days i have to continually remind myself that i am pregnant, I'm 23 weeks and not really showing so it makes it hard. But im also a young mum to be. Is this normal??
I am also a first timer and totally agree with you. I am 25 weeks pregnant and I am showing, I have had the scans, know the sex of the baby, have felt him kicking and have even bought all the "baby stuff" but it still doesn't feel real that I am having a baby (and this is a planned pregnancy). I was just saying that to my husband this afternoon as we were standing in the babies room looking around. As bizzare as it seems I really don't think it is going to sink in and feel real until I am holding my baby in my arms.

I am glad to know I am not the only one feeling this way. I have been trying to tell myself for months that once something significant happened it would sink in, i.e once the baby kicked for the first time, or once I started to show, or once we assembled the cot, but as I said all of things have happened but it still feels unreal. So in answer to your question, I don't know if it's normal or not, but hopefully the fact that you're not the only one feeling this way offers some reassurance.

Alex (NSW) - DS 20/3/2006

i know how you feel some days i feel like i am not pregnant at all as i am breezing through this i got sick for a bout a week or 2 when i first fell pregnant not vommiting just feeling sick and that's it i have had no problems (i am 21weeks) sometimes i have to remind myself that i am pregnant and stop what i am doing as i shouldn't be doing it...sometimes i feel like it isn't natural to think like that but there is a funny thing called karma....the next child i have i will probably get every symptom under the sun....

Denise 25 Xavier 28.04.06

Sign in to follow this topic