Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Small baby Rss

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else is having a small baby? I went to the doctor last week and he told me that my baby is 3 weeks behind with it's growth (I am 36 weeks and the baby is at a 33 week size). I was told that I would have a scan today to see why the baby is so small, when he did the scan he didn't say why but he did tell me that the baby has not grown since last week and if it hasn't grown in 2 weeks I will have to have the baby then. Has anyone else had this happen to them or know anyone who has?

Alicia and Zackari

hi Alicia,
Sorry to hear about your troubles,I was also told that my baby was small for dates all through my pregnancy with my daughter, but they just kept telling me i must have mixed up my dates.
I didn't but hey they are the doctors, i was worried but everyone told me it would grow bigger before it came out, she didn't.
I had my little girl at 32 weeks she weighed only 4Ibs (1.8kg). It took a little while but she is fine now, she will turn five on may 7th and to look at her now you would never guess she was a premmie baby she is tall for her age and she is very clever.
So try not to worry, i don't know where you live but we have got great doctors and hospitals, so these little miracles do survive.
I hope your beautiful baby grows lots and comes out a big bub.
If you want to know anything else or just to chat
my email is mandymck2000@froggy.com.au

my fingers and heart are crossed for you and your baby.
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Hi Alicia22,

While I can't personally relate to what you are going through right now, I just wanted to let you know that babies born small and premmie more often than not turn out fine! I am living proof! 29 years ago I was born 9 weeks early and was small enough to fit into the palm of my dad's hand. The doctors gave me a 30% survival rate and I beat the odds. Medicine is so much more advanced now and the survival of small and premmie babies is so much greater. I am sure everything will be fine... don't stress and look after yourself.

Wishing you all the best smile

Hi Alicia,

I have always had small bubs, 2.6kg and 3.1kg, and no one ever told me they were small! I just knew from reading the ulrasound reports that they were!

Take faith in your Drs, and if you are at all concerned, ask more questions!

At least you are at a great stage of pregnancy for your baby to survive,

Look after yourself,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I looked very small all throughout my pregnancy, and my doc kept telling me he was worried that my baby was smaller than he should be! But when I gave birth, my bub came out weighing 3Kg ... this surpsised my doc!! And everyone else who saw my small tum prior to giving birth ... they couldn't believe my bub was an average weight when he was born ... they all expected him to be small! Good luck with your birth, and don't worry too much until you know whether or not there's really anything to worry about.

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi Alicia22,

I wrote a reply to this post yesterday or the day before... it went to be moderated so who knows when it will appear :~

Just wanted to say I hope you will go back and read it when it finally gets here.

Michelle
Hi everyone and thankyou all for your replies. It means alot to me that I have had so many replies in such little time.

Your reply came through and I have read it Michelle, thanks heaps.

My doctor is very blunt with his answers so I am glad that there are so many helpful people on this site to put my mind at ease.

Once again thankyou all for replying and take care all of you.

Alicia.

Alicia and Zackari

hey Alica,
i know where your comming from i had a premmie baby born at 26 weeks and she was 568grams the size of a 23weeker, lt me tell u the technology these days are unreal. the baby will survie well have more a chance at survial anywhere from 30 weeks onwards....dont be scared, things happen for a reason....u wanna talk about anything to do with prems here is my email will let u know more what to expect ect
kaz_april@yahoo.com
email me if u have any questions or need advise, or just wanna chat, ive been there,
kaz

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi everyone, thought I would let you all know what is going on with my little bub. Bubs has lost weight (gone from 2.2kg down to 2.15kg) since my last scan 2 weeks ago. Not much weight lost but still a bit worried about it. I am going to be induced on Monday morning. A bit scared but I have faith in the midwives and doctors. I will keep you posted on bubs, but until then I hope everyone else is going well and thanks for all the supportive posts I have had.

Alicia and Zackari

Hi Alicia,

Just wanted to send you all my good vibes for Monday. Will be thinking of you and hope to hear back about your beautiful new bub.

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Alicia,

My thoughts and best wishes are with you. I look forward to hearing all about your small and percious baby too. Stay strong and positive...

(((Big Hugs)))

Michelle.
Hi Alicia,

Hope all goes well for you on Monday. Will be thinking of you. As I said in the other post, ...you're lucky you don't have to wait any longer for your precious baby!, but now I understand why you're worried. I'm glad we have the technology that we have today to help look after our babies....am looking forward to hearing about your new baby.
Thinking of you at this time,
Georgina
Sign in to follow this topic