Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Restless Legs Lock Rss

Hi everyone,
Towards the end of my last pregnancy I started getting really restless legs at night which kept me from sleeping.
Problem is now I'm only 10 weeks pregnant and it's happening again. Do I have to live with this for the next 30 weeks or is there someting I can do. I get little enough sleep as it is
Thanks
Erin

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Hi Erin

I found the same thing with my last pregnancy, and yes it is worse and started much earlier this time around. I am fairly sure there has been an earlier post on this subject.
A couple of things I have found to help it go away.
1. orgasm. If you have a high risk pregnancy check this with your midwife first.
2. Getting up and going for a short walk, I usually also add a chapter from a good book and a gingernut to this prescription.

Make sure you don't have pressure on the leg most prone to the problem. I have banned my husband from resting his hand on my hip as this seems to be a trigger. He hates that as he likes the contact, but if he wants children he has to put up with it!
I also try not to think about the problem while going to sleep as I have found if I think about it my leg seems to feel it has to start up. I have also found it isn't as bad during the day, so sometimes go for a catch up snooze (when my son will let me, my MIL has looked after him a couple of times to let me do this).

Hope some of this is helpful

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi Erin,
I read an article on restless leg syndrome last week (what a coincidence). They mentioned eating a mango a day. Apparently, restless leg is connected (or can be) to a deficiency within your system eg: vitamin e deficiency.
This may or may not be the case for you but it's something you could check up on.
Check with your doctor first.
All the best,

Sheree, mum to 2 plus 1 on the way (dd 31-5-06)

Sign in to follow this topic