Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Fainting Rss

Hi everyone,

I'm just writing to get some reassurance that fainting is a part of normal pregnancy! I felt dizzy and suddenly fell to the floor at work this morning. I didn't bother to go to the doctor as I felt fine a couple of hours later and could feel bubby moving, so wasn't too concerned although it certainly scared me!! I think it gave my partner a fright as he was next to me when it happend. What do others think? I have had dizzy spells sitting down, but they have tended to pass without incidence.

Thanks so much
Lisa

Lisa, Qld, Mum to be

Hi Tamba

I fainted too when I was pregnant and my baby turned out fine although it gave me and everyone else a fright, my midwife told me it was because of low blood pressure from trying to do too much at once (I was setting up the sandpit at a childcare centre).

Its all a normal part of being pregnant, some people get sick - others faint!!!

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

HI Lisa, whens are you due and when is your next check up?

Can I suggest if your next check up is not soon you phone your doctor (doctor nurses) or midwife and tell them what happend, they may just want to check your blood pressure or refer you for blood tests then you can be sure everything is A OK.

I will be 28 weeks on Monday and at at my last check up (2 weeks ago) my midwife advised my bloodpressure was low ( I have always had normal blood pressure). I havent had any fainting spells but often see "stars" even when just walking normally. She said to take it easy as if my bloodpressure got any lower I would be end up hospital on IV to bring your blood pressure back to normal, as when your blood pressure gets too low it can slow the flow of blood to the placenta. She also said to ring her if I have a fainting spell and sent me to get my 28-30 weeks blood test early.

When I found out I have low blood pressure I looked on the net for info but all I found was related to high blood pressure. 1 site I found said to keep fluids up and increase salt intake.

My sister in law ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with her first pregnancy with low blood pressure as she had not told her doctor she was having faiting spells and her blood pressure got too low. Baby ended up being born 6 weeks early and he is fine.

Let me know how you get on.

mum2 AJ 05, Mary-Jane 04, Rachael 99 & Jonothan 94

Thanks Chrissyd,

I'm 27 weeks today. I have a kidney disease called IgA Nephropathy. Because of this, I am at a higher risk for high blood pressure - not low blood pressure! Weird hey! Anyway, they do keep an eye on my bp and it has been pretty normal. Am having my 28-30 week blood test early next week. I've felt ok since the episode, although I have tried to rest a little more. Thanks for your advice.

Lisa

Lisa, Qld, Mum to be

Hey tamba

When my auntie came over from the UK, she was three months pregnant and suffered from fainting and the doctors told her it was caused from the heat. It didnt happen too often but the baby was born healthy and she is absolutely beautiful too.

Love Angel-Alex
xoxoxoxoxoxox

SA, beautiful baby boy born 3/04/04 my life

Sign in to follow this topic