Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Non-surgical Circumcision Lock Rss

Hi April,

Sorry to hear you are having a few problems with Joel... since you are sick of everyones opinions and advice I wont offer any. But if you are really concerned or it is getting worse take him to your GP or go to your local pharmacy and explain the symptoms to the pharmacist. They should be able to offer you some more comforting advise... and don't let the clinic make you feel silly for your concerns as a first time mum!!! Trust your instincts, mum's are usually right!!!

As for all the travelling you are doing... all I can say is good luck and I hope it all runs smoothly for you and Joel!

If you leave your e-mail address here I will contact you directly if you would like to continue chatting with me. It is pretty safe to pass on your e-mail address at the particular site.

Make sure you take some time out for yourself as a new mum you can't afford to go nuts worrying about everything... you will be in my thoughts and I hope to hear from you soon.

Have a wonderful first mother's day too.

Best wishes always,
Michelle.
Hi Michelle,

Sorry about that last post - I was having a whinge! I am not really against advise - it just makes me feel like a bit hopeless...anyway Jole and I go for a six week check when we are in Canberra (where I am originally from) so I'll double check everything there.
I misled you about the clinic - my nurse is FANTASTIC - she is very reassuring...there just doesn't seem to be any physical prob...he's stacking on the weight and sleeps okay - just has these spells...not sure what the problem is.
Thanks for the good luck with the travel...ARGH! THough I am looking forward to it...I live on a small island in Arnhem Land, so a little bit of civilisation will be nice!

My email is [email protected] Also my real name is Angela - I was born in April (same day as Joel - I think I told you that!) Anyway it'd be good to keep chatting, and I may just NEED some good ADVICE *LOL*

Looking forward to hearing from you! And happy mother's day to you also!

Hey thanks for saying that about Mother's instincts - I have been thinking that Joel's green nappies aren't quite right - and i did a bit of research on the net and I think it may be a foremilk/hindmilk prob...so today and yesterday I have been feeding him longer on the one side and it seems to work...anyway be good to hear from you...
xxx

April, NT

Hi April (Angela),

I will be in touch soon. I am in the middle of moving house and may not get near the computer this week...

I hope you had a great mother's day... mine was awful, but that's a whole other story sad

Talk to you soon,

Michelle (or Chelle) smile

Oh no - sorry you had a bad mothers day - I hope things are better now!
I am heading away now for 2 weeks! So I may not be online all that much myself...I will see (gotta be on to keep in touch with DH - that and ringing him everynight!)

Good luck with the move!
smile
Angela

April, NT

Thanks Angela,

Safe and happy travels! I dropped you a quick e-mail this morning, so I hope you get it before you head off. Take care and we will catch up in a few weeks when we wre both not so busy!

Take care,

Michelle smile
Hi Mili,

I'm also from NT and if our next baby is a boy we will be getting him circumcised. I was wondering wether there is anyone in the Darwin area who does circumcisions? I thought you may know as you have probably already looked into the matter.
James was done in Kalgoorlie WA, by a Obstetrician/Gyno who uses the plastic bell type method but he also cuts the foreskin after the bell is applied. We thought it was a good method compared to straight out surgery.

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hi Kristina,

I posted a topic on circumcision here a while ago. The link to my post is:

http://huggies.kcaforums.com/ShowPost.aspx?Post...

Some mum's gave me some great info on a Doctor in Brisbane Queensland - Dr Russell who does the plasti bell method... as far as I am aware there are no doctors in the NT that will do the proceedure.

I am 29 weeks pregnant with my second child and am having a boy too. I would definitley like to have this method of circumcision done too.

Hope this helps you.

Michelle.
does anyone know of anyone who does this in south australia.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Thanks for your reply Maddychelle, If there isn't anyone in the NT then we'll probably go back to the doctor in Kalgoorlie (mainly because we have family in Perth). We were both happy with him last time, although his method did cause James a coule of hours of pain (Bris method sounds pain free 100%).

We find out wether it's a boy or girl on the 25th!

Kristina

Kristina,

Goodluck with finding out what you are having! I would love to hear if you have a little boy or a little girl on the way.

Michelle
I'll be sure to let you know, unless of course the bub is uncooperative and happens to be sleeping in the wrong position and refuses to move! But that won't happen now will it!

Hi Kristina,

Look forward to hearing your news, when are you due to have your scan? Please keep me posted.

Michelle.
Sign in to follow this topic