Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Will my baby turn in time? Rss

Although I still have 8 weeks to go, they told us yesterday that the baby is breech.
Some people say that there is still plenty of time for it to turn, while others say it probably won't turn.
This is bub number 2 and I know that they don't necessarily engage until labour starts, but can anyone tell me what the chances are of it actually turning and my not having to have a ceasar.?

Sheree, mum to 2 plus 1 on the way (dd 31-5-06)

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Sheree

My son was breech at 36 weeks and he had turned head down a week later, so there is still plenty of time for your baby to turn. I believe there are excercises you can do to get your baby to turn - just ask your doctor or midwife. I know people say babies can't move much towards the end of pregnancy but that certainly wasn't my experience. I was admitted to hospital a week before my son was born and had to have the monitor on everyday and his heart was found in a different spot everytime they put the monitor on - and he wasn't a small baby, just very active smile !!!

All the best
Jasmine
Hi Mumagain

I was preggas with my second child & she was breech at 36 weeks the ob booked me in for a c-section for the next week & the day before she turned.
So hang in there he/she might turn you never know my daughter ended up coming 9 days late & induced.

Good Luck

Bec

P.S You will know if it turns as it is soooooooo painful & uncomfortable.
Hi I'm not sure about breech pregnancies but a baby's position is unpredictable. My baby was engaged and in the right position and some time during lcontractions he turned around and became prosterior which made things a little bit more difficult...so anything can happen. Just keeping sending positive vibes!!
Thank you everyone - my mind is alittle more at ease now. I did speak to my doctor yesterday and he said the baby mightn't turn until i'm in labour and that if I wanted I could try and deliver it breech!! No thank you.
It's comforting and reassuring to know that others out there have fretted about the same thing - and your advice is wonderful.
Thank you all.
All the best to you and your families

Hi Sheree,
Our son is now 6 weeks old. I was told at 33 weeks that he was breech. I was told that there was plenty of time for him to turn... but he didn't. At 38weks we had an ECV (external cephalic version - turning bub). It was very successful and only took about three minutes for the doctor to turn him. He stayed head down and it didn't hurt a bit!!! Unfortunately (after 20 hours of labour) we had to have a c-section (which I was terrified about) because he was just too big to fit through my pelvis. But now we have a beautiful and healthy son.. it really doesn't matter how they come out as long as you and your baby are okay. All the best...
Cheers
Nadine
Thanks Nadine,
The thought of a c section does haunt me a little but nowhere near as much as the thought of bub coming out bum first!
As you say, as long as all are healthy afterwards nothing else matters.
Congratulations on your bub - hope all is going well for you.

HI!

My advice is head down - bum up to turn a breech. I have also heard that visulising your baby in the correct position can also help. And the most weirdest one too that apparently works, is to actually tell your baby to turn! Have a chat to the baby and tell it that it needs to turn. The father telling it to turn helps a lot more too!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING smile
a friend of mine her bub was turned the wrong way it was in position but bub was facing the wrong way. the doctors told her that he wasnt going to turn and when she was in labour bub turned the right way for her. so u never know bub might turn while u r in labour
Hi Mumagain,

I was told at 35wks that my daughter was breech. I decided that she was not going to be c section and that she would turn. When I laid down to rest or at night when you are relaxed, I use to massage my stomach. I would rub my left hand down my stomach and my right hand up my stomach. I did this every night and would talk to my baby and tell her that I was trying to help her turn.

Anyway whether it works or not is up to you. When I went back she was head down and and waiting to go.

This has also happened to two of my friends who have massaged the stomach to turn their babies.

Good luck with the birth.

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Thankyou all for your advice and help. Bub has turned (a couple of weks ago but my computer has been out of action!)
I am much more at ease - seeing as my doctor wanted to deliver it breeh naturaly!!!
Again, thank you, And all the best to you
all

Sign in to follow this topic