Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

spotting while pregnant? Rss

hi well i am meant to be 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and i have had a couple of times where i have had abit of spotting just yucky brown stuff like an end of a period it just comes and goes i have only had it twice now but should i be concerned about it? i never had any spotting at all with my first pregnancy. also i am meant to be 10 1/2 weeks but the other day when i went the doctors i had an ultrasound done and the baby was only measuring at 9 weeks when i had it done should i be concerned about this? i am going to have an other ultrasound in a couple of weeks just to get confirmed what i really am but i am sure of my dates any help would be great thanx.
Hi

I have experienced both these things you are talking about and I am now a healthy 34 weeks pregnant.

I had a tiny bit of spotting at about 10 weeks. My friend had her proper periods for the first three months of both her pregnancies. Both children were born healthy and fine so it doesn't necessarily mean you will miscarry but as it is a sign I think you need to be careful and you should mention it to your dr to be on the safe side.

I too thought I was a week or so further along than my ultrasound dates gave me. Apparently I just must have conceived around Day 25 of my cycle rather than Day 14 or 15 which is normally expected so this could be an explanation for the baby is measuring at 9 weeks and not what you expect.

All the best and I hope everything works out okay for you

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hey,
I had spotting in weeks 5 and 6 and then again around week 10. Baby was fine but it is important you tell your doctor as they will more than likely take note and keep monitoring it. One of my spots all the times and they just monitor the bubs via ultra sound.
At my first ultra sound my baby measured a week larger, indicating that time of conception was earlier than 14 days. Hope all goes well for you!

Karina, S.A, mum to Kaleb born 25/07/04

hey i just read my message and realised i left a work out. i was meant to say one of my friends spots all the time. Sorry Guys smile

Karina, S.A, mum to Kaleb born 25/07/04

i had spotting with all of my pregnancies but every thing was ok just mention to the doc

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi twinkletoes,

I too had spotting in both my pregnancy's, Because I have had two miscarriages, I too was worried but I spoke to my dr and he said lots of woman spot around the time of their normal period eg. 4, 8 and 12 weeks, if your periods were not regular then the spotting can be also around those times, He also said after three moths your body gets use to the pregnancy hormones and your not as likely to spot.

Try not to worry to much about the size of bubs cos it can change all the time, with both my pregnancy's bubs was small on the first ultrasound and I was very sure of my dates, then on other ones bub's was bigger than dates so as long as you feel ok just keep your dates and go by them.
good luck with it all!!
Mandy

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

i had spotting with my 3 pregancies with the 2nd one i had full on bleeding at about with 1 month to go but i had placenta previa & my doc was surprised i got that far along i had my bub just about 7 days early but if you are concerned go see the doc he may send you 4 an ultrasound

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi, i just wanted to ask a few questions regarding this topic. I have the same feeling that I did when I fell pregnant with my son, I have done 2 tests and they both turned out positive, but I have had spotting off and on for the last 3 days. If I was pregnant I would only be 4 -5 weeks, but I am not sure what is going on. Is this kind of thing normal, should I go to the doctor, or should I just wait until the time my next period should be due, and see what happens?
Sign in to follow this topic