Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Weight Gain In The Last Trimester?

Weight Gain In The Last Trimester? Rss

Hello All,

Just wanting to pick your brains about weight gain in the last trimester. I haven't gained any weight in the last 3 weeks (weeks 30 to 33 of my pregnancy) and while my doctor isn't concerned I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else? My GP said that weight gain does taper off in the last trimester for some women but not usually this early. I have gained a total of 9kg for my entire pregnancy so far and this being my second and a boy I was expecting to gain quite a bit more.

Am I worrying about nothing?

Michelle.
Hi Michelle,

I can't remember what stages I put the most weight on, but like you I had a girl first & then a boy. Both pregnancies I only gained 10 kilos, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. If your doctor seems to be fine with it & your baby is happy & healthy at the moment, i'd say enjoy it while it lasts!!!!

I had a look on the photo board & the photo of you at 32 weeks is stunning. You should be proud of yourself.

Good luck.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hey Michelle
It"s Nush here.
I haven't gained any weight either in the last few weeks so I guess it must be a normal thing. I was a bit worried but obviously I don't really need to be.
Nush xxx

Nush,Qld mum to Caitlin(18/8/00)and Ella(24/7/04)

Hi Michelle,

Please try not to worry, as everyone has already said, just trust your Dr and your own instincts.

I only gained a total of 9 kgs with my second, it must be the extra activity with a time conuming toddler around!

Take care of yourself,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Thanks Mums...

For putting my mind at ease. I guess it is common for some of us not to gain so much weight towards the end. I'd just hate to come so far in my pregnancy and be complacent thinking everything is great if it's not. I guess it is that mother's instinct kicking in. Well less than 6 weeks to go and then it will be on to worrying about a whole new person! I can't wait grin

P.S. Thanks Michelle for your kind comment about my pregnancy photo... :} It means a lot.

Hi Michelle,

I don't know what is normal or not (being my first) but I also haven't put on much between week 30 and 38 (just 2 kgs). My doctor is happy though that bub and I are healthy and happy so I am not worried. I think as long as your Dr isn't worried and you feel healthy and fine than I wouldn't be worried either.

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

i am on my third pregnancy now...... and my last two i seem to put all my weight on in the last trimester........... my first i put a total 8 kilo and my second 13kilo........

i was always told the last 4 weeks is when the wieght goes on due to the stomach dropping and all that other mombo jumbo...........

i am hoping that for this ones sake this is not true,,,,
i am currently 27 weeks and have already put on a wopping 19kilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scary to think what will happen in that last month.......smilesmilesmile
Hi Michelle,

I found I didn't put much on in the last trimester...mainly in the 2nd! I put on a total of 22kg with my son and 20kg with my daughter. I only put on about 5kg in the last trimesters, but some women don't put on any and some lose a couple of kgs too...so I've heard!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I too think I must be someone who puts most on in the second trimester. I put 2kg on in the first trimester, 8kg in the second, and had put on 2.5kg in the last trimester as of the 38 week checkup (so a total of 12.5kg). At my 39 week checkup I had actually lost half a kg though. My dr said too that women's weight stabilises and can even drop just before labour.

Hiya,

Jo, your still around....hopefully things may have changed in the last few days!

How are you going Michelle?? How much weight, if any have you put on?

Tepe

Hi Tepe

Yes much to my frustration I am still around. I am booked in to be induced next Thursday arvo though so only maximum one more week to wait.

I am still losing weight which is weird. At the 38 week mark I had put on a total of 12 kg. Then at the 39 week mark I had lost 500g and now at the 40 week mark I have lost a further 1kg ... weird?? I personally think this baby is ready but I am just not able to produce enough of the oxytocin hormone or something to produce labour ... who knows. At my checkup yesterday the Dr said both me and baby are healthy so no use worrying (mind you he didn't weigh me yesterday).

Jo

Hi Jo,

Oh sweetie, you certainly have had your wait...considering you we told things were looking promising weeks ago. I totally sympathise with you, you must be so much more than ready.

Just remember it will be worth so much more than the wait.

Will be thinking of you over the week and hoping it all happens naturally for you soon,

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic