Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

bleeding after intercourse? Rss

hi well yesterday my b/f and i got a big scare we had sex and there was some blood afterwards we went to the doctors and got everything checked and everything is fine thank god but has this happened to anyone else while being pregnant?
Yes this happened to me too at about the 11 week mark. It too gave us a bit of a scare too... but as long as your doc has checked it out I am sure you will be fine!! I read it can sometimes be caused by a small abrasion within you and it is not necessarily coming from the cervix or anywhere near the baby.

Best of luck,
Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

I unerstand completely the scare ths gives it has happened i both my pregnancies - and the 2nd time isn't any less scary.
Like Jo, my doctor told me it had nothing to do with the cervix and all was fine. All you can do is have a check with your doc and trust his opinion. My bleed - this time round - happened at about 22 weeks. Hope all continues to go well for you and bub..

Sheree, mum to 2 plus 1 on the way (dd 31-5-06)

Hi Twinkletoes

This happened to me fairly late in my pregnancy-31 weeks. I went to the hospital because it was quite a gush of blood and i was worried.Turned out everything was fine and that it was just my cervix.
I know how scary it is though
hi everyone thanx for replying it has put my mind at ease to know that this has happened to quite a few other people not only me i really got a huge scare but we have had intercourse since and no blood thank god but i am really weiry about having sex now while pregnant thanx guys.
Sign in to follow this topic