Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

headdown? Lock Rss

HI,
I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and my baby
moved into the head-down position last weekend, but on monday this week, it has dropped right down, so much so I can feel pressure on my cervix and my whole tummy has dropped about 2 inchs,

Had to go to hospital last night cos of bad urinary tract infection and midwives worried i may go in to labour, baby is very low, so they gave me steriods injection and i have to go back again today for the second injection.

Just wanted to know when everyones elses bub's dropped so far down, in all mags and books i got, says anywhere from 34 to 40 weeks, just starting to worry this one coming early too.
Both midwives had different opinions say it could stay there for next 7 weeks or it could come today, any help from you all would be great thanks!
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Hi Mandy

Try not to worry too much about it. I too have heard baby's can stay very low for weeks.

I dropped two weeks ago at 38 weeks (I am 40 weeks today). I had a show, dropped and was 1cm dilated all in the space of a day. My doctor told me he thought I was going into labour within 48 hrs because the head was so low and the other things. The hospital told me I probably would within a week. I was excited at that news (but was obviously a little further along than you are now) BUT am still here waiting (impatiently I may add) two weeks later.

I don't think anyone can really say when the baby is coming ... they will come when they are good and ready no matter how far down they are.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you will last a bit longer!

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Sign in to follow this topic